1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed video in xbmp to ntsc-j now xbox keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by orbitor, Jul 7, 2004.

1. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

The problem that I am having is that I was trying to get the image on the screen to fit right so I was playing around with the settings in xbmp. I changed it to ntsc-j, wich I now know is for Japan. The problem I am having now is that when I turn the xbox on it just keeps rebooting with no display. So far I cannot get anything to boot in the drive (slayers, hd mannager) I was wondering if there is anyway to fix the problem or if my box is now nothing more than a foot warmer. Thankx.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

its rebooting? ummm
    it reboots if you have a dvd in the drive?
    the way to fix the ntscj is with enigmah video switch off a disc, If you cant boot up a disc, (you wont see it on screen anyway, even if a disc will boot) Have you tried booting up the xbox without the av cable plugged in?
    try doing that, with a disc backup of enigmah, put the disc in the xbox, press B, put av cable back in.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Timmmmmaaaahhhhhhhyy![/small]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2004
  3. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

tried the enigmah disc.... still no luck.... tried using original hd.... no luck.... going to try and re-flash the mod-chip. hopefully that might work any other ideas?

4. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

well I tried reflashing the mod chip no luck with that either. Im not sure what else to do except get a new xbox. Ive tried removing the mod chip all together... re-flashing the mod chip... replacing the hd with the original... what I am wondering now is if xbmp writes anything to the eeprom inside the xbox... if so is there any way to reset that?

5. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

well I figured it out by using your (djboogie) tips and this one that I found to reset xbmp. ------ Get the Enigma Video Mode Selector files and make a boot disc from it. Then select NTSC or PAL whatever your region is. Then if you get the picture back, FTP to the XBOX and goto the E/UDATA and E/TDATA folders and DELETE the 0face007 folders, these contain the settings for XBMP. When you start XBMP again it will generate new ones. ------- thanks for all your help my box is up and running like a champ again, just got to put it back together.

6. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

almost forgot I had to make a second enigmah disc.... I had to add a 2 gig file to it so the xbox to would recognize it and boot to it. that was the problem I was having with the first one. thanx again.

7. jbrelsfd

jbrelsfd Guest

I have the same problem only I don't have a Enigmah disk... Is there anyway you could send me the files that I need to fix mine?? Thanks in advance.....