1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes to the way images are displayed at forum threads

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by Ketola, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Ketola

Ketola Turned ninja Staff Member

We have changed the way images are loaded on some of the "image heavy" pages at AfterDawn. A good example of this is the Desktop pics forum thread. Slow loading pictures in posts or signatures can cause some forum pages to load very sluggishly. Now, after the recent change, all the images in the all posts are loaded "lazily", i.e. when they are scrolled to view. When you view posts you'll see placeholder images such as this:
    [​IMG]Those placeholders will be replaced by the actual images once your browser has loaded them. ... Not the one above, though, obviously.. =)

Here's a huge (7.1MB, 11472x6429 pixel) image:

[​IMG]

Please see this news article for further details.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  2. Kerie

Kerie Guest

Thanks for the info. New here and want to have a great time with you all guys. Thanks.

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

This is why I asked if one of the admins could make it so newbies can not post links until they are at least junior members/ or they have to wait at least 2 weeks to post links. spammers would see that they couldn't post and would move along to a different site.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  4. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

This is why I asked if one of the admins could make it so newbies can not post links until they are at least junior members/ or they have to wait at least 2 weeks to post links. spammers would see that they couldn't post and would move along to a different site.[/quote]

That is a great idea keebles, I hope that it is acted on as spammers are very annoying.