1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing a nds touch screen

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by woof811, Jul 15, 2007.

1. woof811

woof811 Regular member

hello all my daughters touch screen has become unresponsive or when it does worke its out of sync with the stylus pen ( probably a bit heavy handed ).

i can get a replacement touch screen cheap enough of ebay .

has anyone ever changed a touch screen and how hard is it ?

thanks for the replies , woof811.

2. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

There are 2 screens in the touch screen area of the ds, the touch screen part can be bought for as little as £10 in the uk off ebay. this does not include the lcd screen, if that needs replaced, add another £15-£30. Now I've never replaced a DS, but i have replaced a PSP screen, which was quite easy.

The replacement screen should come with instructions and a screwdriver, have a look on ebay.

Good luck.

3. Chris_G

Chris_G Member

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

@woof811
    Do you mean an original DS or a DS lite?

5. jonlai9

jonlai9 Member

Is it DS or DS Lite? The Lite touch screen module is more expensive than the regular one.

I just replaced the one on my DS Lite a few months ago after dropping it. If you need help replacing it, PM me.

BTW, if you would rather go through a store instead of through eBay, try http://www.emvee.ca/ That's where I got my replacement module last time. Their prices were very competitive to eBay's prices and provided free shipping, so I went with them instead of getting myself through the risks of eBay.