1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing default dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by dsmock, May 30, 2007.

1. dsmock

dsmock Member

ok so im trying to change my default dash from XBMC to Avalaunch and i cant figure it out. on my ftp connection with avalaunch (something happened so now i can't get an ftp connection with XBMC, but when i open avalaunch, it works.) the only place i can find my apps are under /F:/apps/ and theres no specific place where the default dash is or whatever so i need to know just where to put my /F:/apps/Avalaunch folder to make it boot with avalaunch.
    thanks

2. dsmock

dsmock Member

and by the way under my C drive theres a .xbe file called evoxdash.xbe which i cannot delete. it seems no matter what i do changing files around and stuff it always boots with XBMC. I deleted all the files under my C drive and only put the stuff under Apps/Avalaunch there. ui dont know what im doing wrong please help.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

best way is to get Slayer 2.7 auto installer and let it install the dash for you. It will have to be installed on C: in order to boot to that dash. Anything you put in F:/APPS you can access and load from the apps folder but it will never be your default dashboard.
    if you want to try it manually then here is a tutorial.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/517-changing-your-default-dashboard.html
    I had trouble with doing it manually the one time i tried it. Luckily i have a chipped system so i could recover easy. If your system is not chipped then i would not try it. Unless you have a copy of your EEPROM file on your PC like you should, and are willing to reformat the drive if something goes wrong.

4. dsmock

dsmock Member

ok i tried that and i have an evoxdash.xbe file in both my C: drive and my F: drive and the one in the C: drive wont delete or be replaced

5. steimy

steimy Active member

so you used Slayer 2.7 to "update" the dashboard? If so it should completly replace the current one on C:

6. dsmock

dsmock Member

i can't i already said that

7. fischju

fischju Member

why don't you replace the defualt.xbe for xbmc with avalaunch, but rename it to defualt? Am I missing something?