1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing drive in DVD player

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by dtalont, Jul 3, 2009.

1. dtalont

dtalont Member

I'm not really sure if I should ask this here or in the DVD-rom forum, but I figured I would thy it here first. I have found some cheap slot loading DVD drives and I would like to make my existing DVD player into a slot loading. Does anyone know if this can be done and how? (like pin outs: which pin goes to which) I also thought about involving this in a console mod I'm trying. Any input would be great. Thanks.

2. dailun

dailun Active member

Probably more trouble than it's worth. The control mechanisms must be standard ans it's quite possible that the physical mounts won't be compatible either.

BTW, it's not like swapping PC drives since the interface on DVD players is NOT standard.

It's a science project at best, and you won't know how bad it is until you start taking things apart.

3. dtalont

dtalont Member

Thanks for your response. I was planning on changing the physical mounts and case, so I'm not really worried about placement so much. I was just wondering about electrical hook-up. I just didn't know if someone might know the pinouts and possibly how to match them up. Taking a cheap small DVD player and a slot loading drive and putting them into something else to me seemed cheaper than buying a slot loading DVD player. Or if anyone knows a cheap stand alone slot loader that's pretty small. Thanks again!

4. Emilio123

Emilio123 Member

Does DVD conects to some page cutomatically here? I'm curious