1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

channels breaking up

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by torres9, Jan 23, 2008.

1. torres9

torres9 Regular member

Hi I Have astarview 2 the box and iam having problems with the movie channels always breaking up and gose patchey just woundering if anyone could help me.Ilive in Galway Ireland.my box is geniune.thanks

2. CO19

CO19 Regular member

It's a fault on your cable company's side,it'll stop when they come out and fix it.

3. torres9

torres9 Regular member

Thanks very much.Do i need to call them to fix problem or is it something to do with ntl

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press Menu > System Information and tell us what the API is please

5. torres9

torres9 Regular member

API is 4.54e_E boot ver:7.0 .Is it true that ntl are trying to catch people with the starviews?Can you be caught.thaks for your help

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Christ on a crutch not again, yes you can be caught be letting them into your house and showing them the box, other than that no, the box has no talk back feature on them. There is countless posts on the forum, mostly locked, but have a read of them - use the search bar

7. CO19

CO19 Regular member

You should put API Version 4.50 on the box as it's the most stable with little or no break up of channels and don't pay any attention to the many rumours that are going around about N*L and the boxes ;)

8. torres9

torres9 Regular member

Thanks co19 and mickah for your help.Sorry to be a fool but how do put 4.50 verison on to the starview 2.Im new to all this.thanks very much for both your help.torres9.galway ireland

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

torres9 to do this you will need a null modem cable DB9F to DB9F.

Null modem info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L71BT&DOY=2m6

If your pc does not have a serial port you will need a USB to serial port adapter to use in conjunction with the null modem cable.

USB Adapter info

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Modu...erial Adaptor

These two cable links are only for reference as they can be purchased alot cheaper on fleabay.

All firmware/loader can be found here http://eko.4shared.com/

You will need the GTromloader, (Starview Software Uploader), found in the Starview software folder of the link.

Now select the firmware either ver 4.00 for a genuine Star***w 1 or version 4.50 for 'The Box' or if you have a clone box select version 257 FIXED all of which can be found in the 'firmware' folder.

Also you should download the Starview PDF guide this will give you step by step instructions on how to do everything.This can be found in the Starview Documentation folder in the link.
    http://eko.4shared.com/ courtesy of co19

10. torres9

torres9 Regular member

Thanks karljd for your help.When ihave done this will I have to scan again or wil the channels stay on the box.My is a genuine starview 2 i checked from the info iwas given from 1 of you great guys.Also a friend of mine wants to get a starview,he has nthell but it is with the airial he has it.will it still work?.mine was very simple just plugd in and scaned and it worked.thanks

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

if its n.l mmds he has yes it will work on it but not on c...us,and if you do also there is a galway channel dump file in eam'os library if you wan to use after you reflash

12. torres9

torres9 Regular member

Thanks very much for your help karljd.

13. karljd

karljd Regular member

No problem come back and let us no how you get on

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

make sure u have a good coaxial lead and not an old one and good connection!

15. torres9

torres9 Regular member

Hi co19,karljd and celtic71 just woundering what you think about the Eurovox Max.Just my friend is keen to one of them,he was told by a friend not to go near the starview 2 the box.I havnt had a problem with the box apart from the movies breaking up but after getting advice off you guys iam in the middle of sorting it just needing my bros help.What are the advangtes of the eoromax?I was reading in the fourom that people where woundering agood place to buy the boxes.Here is agood website www.cableboxshop.com.price included delivery.thanks torres9.

16. karljd

karljd Regular member

torres9 nothing wrong with the starview,but i prefer the eurovox much better epg, and with the new firmware widescreen option plus signal booster,altough there have been some problems with the eurovox which i think have been resolved now,as regards that site dont bother to expensive i'll send you a pm.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

When did you become a senior Karl, congrats :) BTW I second the EV, but am in the process of giving the EV Ultra a runaround, I know its only a DM500 clone, but have heard some good reports on it and have just been givin one to "test" drive :)

Have to flash it with DW2.0 and have a look :)

18. karljd

karljd Regular member

just happened overnight sc0ucer (jaysus people will think i no what i'm talking about now! lol)keep us informed with how you get on with the ultra bet you can't wait to give it a good going over.

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL thats what people think about me :) Yep will do but will give it a few days to see what its like not a fond believer in first impressions :)

20. karljd

karljd Regular member

cheers :)