1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

channels for coolsat 6000

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by nowipaco, Aug 8, 2007.

1. nowipaco

nowipaco Member

how do you get all or most of the channels by scanning, or another way. I have alot channels that are skipped such as 160-176, 492-503, 508-517, and many more.

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

How To Guide for "EchoStar Package"
    found this how-to that i think will help out lots of members here..thanx goes to the writer.
    C/P

"EchoStar" Channel List Alternative....

Most of the newer STB's offer the Echostar Package and this setup is not required.However, if you currently are viewing D**h Network and DO NOT have the Echostar Package in your sat list, follow these steps to develop the EchoStar Package..a channel list in D**h Network order

1. Delete ALL channels on your STB.(sat receiver)

2. Go into SAT Edit and rename your Echo8.6/Ku to ECHO 110 and rename Echo7/Ku to ECHO 119. (the space between ECHO and 110 is important! The blank space is found in the upper left hand corner of the "letters" menu)

3. Do a BLIND scan on each sat, ECHO 110 & ECHO 119. (Takes At least 10 min per sat)
    DishPro Note:
    A: If you are using DishPro TWIN lnb with built in switch, BLIND SCAN Vertical ONLY. This will help eliminate duplicate channels.
    B: If you are using Single Dish PRO LNB. Do a SAT SCAN.
    Be sure to select "DishPro" in the STB installation LNB setup.

NOTE: STB may get "hung up" during a BLIND scan, (over 10 min on same TP) if so, stop scanning, exit out and go into "Channel Edit" and delete the partially loaded channel list for that SAT ONLY,(this will prevent duplication of those channels) rescan to 100%, all will be ok.

4. When scanning is complete, exit out to watch TV, push SAT button on remote, you will now have a choice you have not previously had "ECHOSTAR PACKAGE"

5. Select ECHOSTAR PACKAGE and select any channel. This will convert EPG Button to ECHOSTAR PACKAGE and your epg will match match D**H Network channels. ( provided you are pointed properly at 110 and 119)

After doing this, you will see there is no need to load a channel list and epg works fast on most channels, slow to come up on others.
    Note: You can always "refresh" your epg by simply turning your STB ON & OFF with the remote. Also, make sure your time zone, time, date and year are correct in User Setup.

3. nowipaco

nowipaco Member

What exactly is the "echostar package", and will this get me all the channels? I also have another problem. I can't watch certain channels, even when their signal is good (green), without having to flip through the channels up and down. Sometimes that doesn't work either.

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

Do a hard boot and see if that helps