1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

channels scrambling breaking up

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by thepacman, Sep 16, 2011.

1. thepacman

thepacman Guest

i have a dreambox 500 s with sub ,some of the channels are breaking up kids and irish more then others ,im wondering would this have something to do with the dish because i have a old sly box upstairs and its doing the same thing on the free kids channels too any help would be great full

2. piopat

piopat Active member

if the sky box and dm500s are attached to the same dish i assume you have a dual or quad lnb and your not trying to split the signal . if your using a dual or quad lnb and both boxes are having problems its reasonable to say that either your dish is misalligned or the lnb is faulty .there is a signal strenght meter in both boxes so you can check your signal strenght on a well alligned dish with a good lnb a dm500s should display a snr and agc level well into the 90% mark your sky box should be simmilar .

3. thepacman

thepacman Guest

yes its a quad lnb and 2 seperate connection s ,the quality is poor on the sly box and some channels are showing alot of signal strengh and others are nt i thought it was the dish alright but thought it strange the way some channels break up and others dont ?like sly sports is perfect and some kids channels are nt on the dream box thanks for your advice anyway piopat ill think i will need to ring someone to check the sly dish

4. thepacman

thepacman Guest

sorry just checked the signal stregnth upstairs and its nearly 75 per cent while the quality is is around 5 10 per cent whats your advice

5. piopat

piopat Active member

as i say it should be in the 90s so your dish is the problem but it could be the allignment or the lnb (i cant say which) but it would seem to be one or the other.