1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chapters not recognised in PS2 - please help!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by reddragon, Jan 7, 2003.

1. reddragon

reddragon Member

I've ripped a movie from a DVD-9 using DVD Decrypter, then used IFO Edit to 'Create IFOs' and 'Get VTS Sectors' so that it will play in standalone players (i want to watch it in my PS2)

I've burned the movie to DVD-R.
    It plays perfectly in my PC - put the disk in and the movie starts playing right away.

HOWEVER - in my PS2, it starts playing right away, but the chapters are not recognised. i can't use >>| Next or Previous |<< or fast forward or back through the movie.
    Typing in a chapter number to go to does not work either, and the subtitles and other audio streams dont work (and i left them in)

If anyone has any idea what im doing wrong, or not doing, please let me know.

2. reddragon

reddragon Member

oh yeh - the movie i tried this with was Scooby Doo.

now i've just done exactly the same thing with another movie, namely Requiem for a Dream, and it works fine, exactly as i want it, so i guess the problem is over, it just applies to SD, i'll try ripping it again some time

3. BIGT1561

BIGT1561 Guest

Hey redragon, could you please send my and exact detailed guide on what media, programs, burner drive and ripped files that you used to play your dvds on playstation 2. I used a few guies and my dvds copy perfectly but do not play on my ps2. Please help i would be highly grateful

4. DJ_Fear

DJ_Fear Guest

Hey Red Dragon the reason probally is ( i have a PS2 and it doesn't work on mine either ) PS2 isn't capatable with DVD-R or VCD ( Video CD )

5. reddragon

reddragon Member

DJ_Fear - PS2s do not play VCDs, no, but they DO play DVD-R movies, even if they are rips.

If you read my post again, you will see that the movies DOES play, i just said i can't navigate - ie fast forward/rewind or change chapters. I also said, it's just that one movie, all my others play fine.

If you've made movies on DVD-R and they don't work in your PS2 then you've done something wrong