1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chapters?????

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by yourface, May 29, 2003.

1. yourface

yourface Guest

Can you put chapters on vcds and how do you do it

2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

3. nazkmr

nazkmr Guest

I'm one of many who is not so tecky so here goes. I can back a dvd and create a vcd and play it on my dvd machine, no problem. To create chapters I need to use vcdeasy so far so good. I'm a bit confuse about at what stage i use the vcd easy. Do I use vcdeasy once I have created the back up copies as mpeg files and then burn it on a cd or at the beginning when I'm ripping the dvd using the smartripper, when?
    Please let me know in simple click by click.
    Many Thanks

4. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

once you have ripped and encoded your dvd to MPG
    you then open vcdeasy and load the mpeg file into it when you have setup vcd easy to do what u require it builds cd image file that you can burn directly with vcdeasy or your favourite burning software here is a link to a guide i wrote a while ago its for an older version of vcd easy but all of the information is still relavent
    http://www.fixitsguide.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/vcdeasy.htm
    this guide is a lot more simplified than the one i gave the link to before as it does away with the menu screen ( which is almost useless in vcd anyway) the resulting i use nero to burn the image files to cd afterwards and there is a guide on that on this site and also a guide on my site, if there is anything you need to know or that you dont understand please ask again.

Last edited: May 30, 2003