1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Thread (Keeping Pointless Pap out of Legitimate Threads!!)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Evastar, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griselda7

griselda7 Member

7thsinger, I am your guardian angel, and I take offense to you wanting to trade me in for a skinny waif *puffs on a fat stogie*

You got a problem with me being plump *coughs* and my voice a little gravely ?

Griselda

2. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

I agree with you Eva.
    Unfortunately for some unless things can be seen with the naked eye or proven to them by some kind of machine reading or scientific experimrent they just don't belive these things exist.

On a lighter note, Is my guardian angel keeping nice and warm over there, It's freezing over here this morning -8c and -14c with the wind chill. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

3. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

@Icanbe - yeah, he says he'll come back in April when things start to warm up again! LOL!

Only kidding with you, of course he's with you! ;)

4. varnull

varnull Guest

As an angel (a little research will show that in many cultures that is just what I am seen as) I think I am allowed to question the nature of my existence just as any other creature is :)

I only accept fact to be valid.. belief and faith can always be torn down by fact and therefore are both invalid arguments. I have seen many things which currently cannot be explained by science, but as science relies on fact and is always moving forwards I know that with continued research one day these currently impossible to explain things will be explained, quantified and measured.

Old saying.. any sufficiently advanced technology when shown to those whose science is not so advanced will be viewed as magic. Show a medieval alchemist one of those 3d solid article from xray/scan growing devices we have.. Those still look like magic to me. Watch their response.

I will not say something cannot exist, but I will say that trying to force somebody to believe something which cannot by current science be proved to be a fact will always lead to it being torn down as "insufficient evidence" or "possible fantasy" from those of us who only accept that proven measurable and testable facts are truly valid.

5. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Nobody is trying to force anybody to believe in anything. What was actually said was 'don't mock something because you don't believe in it'. I personally know angels exist because i have seen them, felt their presence and heard their messages.

And if you read quantum physics you will see there are many things that can only be explained by the universe being both twelfth dimensional and holographic. Solid matter as we see it does not actually exist and vibrates in and out of existence faster than the eye can see.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

A 900+ post thread with "chat" in the title? What happened to the good old days when everyone hated one another and we couldn't keep a chat thread open for longer than 5 minutes as a result? :-(

7. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Hi Ripper, haven't seen you about in a while! I see our friend's profile has been deleted! LOL!

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Ripper with some humor this morning. :p

Belief in something doesn't mean that it does or doesn't exist. :D I happen to believe that angels are a part of our universe and the next to come. But that is what faith is all about. OF course we are going to get a quick slap on the hand if this sort of thing is continued.

We all believe in something, if that belief is God based and what comes with it then so be it. BUT if that belief is in science or human accounts and facts then that's fine too. That's the beauty of the community we live in (AD in this case) we can all have our own thoughts and ideas and as long as we don't hurt anyone or "force" them on others then I think we are ok.

jm2c......... ;)

....gm

9. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Well said gm!

So back to the snow, anybody get any more since wednesday?

[​IMG]

10. onya

onya Guest

page 36. post #11
    I personally like eating here...let's not lose our appetites eh?

11. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

We didn't get anymore snow, but it's gotten pretty cold though.

-14c with the wind chill this morning, really make you wanna get outta bed.
    Gotta stop waking up to the radio in the morning, First thing they always seem to talk about is how cold it is outside. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  12. greensman

greensman Regular member

I won't be visiting Icanbe any time soon!!!! /me no likey that cold of weather. :p

...gm

13. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Wuss LMAO!!!!!!

14. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

He doesn't get nearly as much snow as ddp though, ddp lives further north than icanbe! :)

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Heya Eva! Can't say I'd noticed; I didn't make visiting there a regular event, but no surprise, hehe!

And humor C? Who says I'm joking! :p

On the topic of snow, it's meant to be be snowing here in the UK this weekend - was bloody cold this afternoon/rain too!

16. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I just went looking for it today to link it to the animee with boobs thread, and it was gone from the incoherent thread award thread! lol!

So i don't know whether he deleted it himself or someone else deleted it for him! LOL!

17. griselda7

griselda7 Member

Anyone want to join me (please see the pic in my profile) in the nice warm tropics ?

No snow or cold weather ! Promise : )

Griselda

18. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I'd love to join you in the tropics Griselda, but the last people that promised to take me somewhere sunny forgot to send the plane! LOL!

19. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Sorry about the plane Eva, John T was drunk and crashed the plane off the end of the runway, Tried to get another one, only thing I could get was a hotair balloon, Figured by time we picked eveybody up their vacations would all be over.

Will have to try again next year. ;-)

20. varnull

varnull Guest

1 scantily clad picture on a profile page and a come on in the forums and all the desperate droolers flock round.....

Never seen the gangster "mail order bride" scam before?..

2 in 2 days.. open your eyes people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.