1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Thread (Keeping Pointless Pap out of Legitimate Threads!!)

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Evastar, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Mine went very well.

Football game at 7am with a bunch of friends followed by a small breakfast.

Off to the homefront to start cooking. Great food this year. My Mother-In-Law and i did all the cooking. Plenty of good food, good beer (Woodchuck Cider), and a nice long nap.

2. onya

onya Guest

Say what? what's goin' on? 7th cooks? Good for you buddy! This author likes to get them pans dirty too!
    It's a case of look out in the kitchen when Steve's around..lol "get outta da way, if you know what's good for ya"

Glazed ham
    Roast beef *drools at the dripping*
    Pork with crackling
    Roast chicken and stuffing (home made of course)
    (Kids hate turkey, goose and duck....the little shites)

Gimme a pan, a pot and a bloody good reason and I'm off. lol.

PS: Nice to know you get along with the outlaws 7th....kinda makes life a touch easier eh? (besides passing on recipes I mean) :)

Just to brag a little.... my second eldest daughter is now at the end of her first year as a trainee Chef. *puffs chest* I expect some competition this year.. (and every year after me thinks...lol.)

Take care all.

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

A fellow "enthusiast". :D onya I didn't know that you had children old enough to be in a "trade" school. :) I thought you were about my age... hehehe. :p

......gm

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gm, & what age is that, 150?

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

OH that's close it is. :p About 1/4 of that... btw you hurt my feelings... how will I ever get over it??? :p

....gm

add: oh.. i'm over it now... hehehe. :p

add #2: how OLD is ddp??? If I'm "supposedly" 150 you gotta be about 250 or so.... hehehee... :p

6. onya

onya Guest

ROFLMFAO! Old enough gm? Can we not waltz the waltz my friend? Perhaps I'll ask you for the lyrics one day...hehehheh *thumps table with fist laughing* :)

Steve. :p *still laughing*

7. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Oh yeah 7th cooks; in fact i really enjoy cooking.

The mother-in-law made the turkey. I smoked a honey and brown sugar ham complete with pineapple pinned in with cloves.

8. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Sounds like y'all had a good thanksgiving. Me, I woke up and cooked my turkey. I ate some a couple hours later, as I had to be at work from 2-10. By the time I got back home, it was near midnight.

Another thanksgiving come and gone. *sigh*

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

No actually, ddp had a birthday recently, he's... ;)

10. varnull

varnull Guest

708 and on his 5th coffin XD

In Buddhism attachment is seen as the cause of suffering and suffering can take on many forms… I feel that I’ve become too ‘attached’ to this forum…Nothing in life is permanent ..

and the light shines in.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2008
  11. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

And so another long time member decides enough is enough and walks out on this site due to narrow minded arseholes and religious bigots. F*** them all is all i can say on her behalf (she knows who her true friends are). I hope those that have forced her to this decision are happy in their confined little world of ignominious self loathing. Open your eyes for f***s sake and stop looking at ur naval as if it were some form of universe, cos it isn't. Religion can go and shove itself down the nearest wormhole for all i care, it had caused more upset and war in the world than anything else, and where has it got us???

Exactly, nowhere, still mithering about moaning about this that and the other, my religion is better than yours, my god is the only true god blah blah f***in blah. Stick it where the sun dont shine, cos then u might see the light :)

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

I don't know exactly what that was all about but if you're addressing the people in this thread you've LOST your mind. I think that everyone here has been very adult with their responses and have acted well within the realm of maturity.

If you feel that way about religion or God then that's your prerogative and I/we won't say anything about it as long as you follow forum rules. I believe that we all have the right to use free speech; as long as it doesn't hurt someone intentionally let it fly.

NOW in my experience here and other places you've gone way overboard addressing a bunch of nice people in my eyes. Have it your way tho.... it shows your true nature and maturity in the moment.

...gm

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Due to the pay-per-view service stealing spoonfed hordes in the DVB forum i am 3 days behind in all non-DVB threads and forums so i haven't a scooby as to what's been going on around the place and just happened onto Ktulu's reply previous to mine. I get the gist as to who he's talking about, if said person has been hounded out of here it must've been something pretty scathing as she's very thick skinned indeed.

I shan't be amused as if nothing else there's no-one else here who keeps us moderators on our toes as much as she does :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ktulu, nobody forced her to leave, this is a quote from her own shoutbox.

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah but she's left a dozen times and has come back so why wouldn't she this time

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

She'll be back. Someone's got to keep us on our toes. varnull's been doing good on her diet and that's enough to make anyone a bit edgy when you're constantly hungry. Been there done that and also like quitting cigs-considerable irritability.:) We love ya, Jan!

17. onya

onya Guest

All those who agree..say aye.

AYE!

This author will miss her that's for certain. See you around sometime yes? Never say never..

18. varnull

varnull Guest

I am going to break my rule and defuse something before it starts.

I mean what I say. I have an offer which I made in one of my blogs that I am 100% bound to keep. It is a matter of honesty and personal commitment. That means my profile page will remain up and I may answer shoutbox comments IF I feel like it. I will always respond to a PM as long as it abides with my rules and instructions, no matter what the subject matter.
    As for posting in the forums.. Those days are over. They reflect the old me, a person I have left behind in place that I have no desire to return to. This is my decision and has nothing to do with anybody but me.
    This is one of the odd things about transition and honesty. Sometimes the clothes no longer fit and have to be discarded. No regrets and no looking back with longing. What is past is past and stays there done for all time. The past is done, and the old must be discarded to move forwards. The snake does not mourn it's old shed skin, it moves forward with the new.
    Other horizons call and the old must pass for the new to begin.

Carpe Diem :)

Paula

19. varnull

varnull Guest

Now.. can we get back to the general nonsense and pointless pap please?

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

By all means!!! I'm ready for some more "pointless pap" out of these people. :p

....gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.