1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest Divx and best player?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by NuRon, Jan 22, 2007.

1. NuRon

NuRon Member

Hey all, I know that it's hard to get the best of both worlds but who knows, there might be one that you all know about. I think the resume feature is pretty important for me and I saw someone mention a Magnavox that could do that, which the popular Philips couldn't. Also, could I just throw avi files (700-ish MB) on a disc and play it? That's how it works or does it have to be converted to Divx first? Thanks :0 =)

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

I have the toshiba sd4990 and the latest phillips forget the model number but it's ultra certified and yes you can just back up a divx/xvid file to a disc and throw it in and play it. I like both players for different reasons but niether as I recall could do auto resume I could pause them and rewind and skip chapters if they were present but beyond that don't think it could do like a dvd to resume where I left off. The toshiba had great picture enhancements but the phillips has been much better at handling playback no skips or pauses and very crisp picture but I love them equally it's iike having a male child and a female child ...oh well

3. kaledrr

kaledrr Member

4. l3luey

l3luey Member

Look out at your local Lidl's if you have one for a silvercrest KH6511. £29.99 plays all but also has USB and card reader, the USB says 512mb but a 2GB stick formated FAT/FAT32 works fine.