1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheat devices

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by rc119, Nov 19, 2004.

1. rc119

rc119 Member

CAN YOU USE CHEAT DEVICES FOR BACKUPS?

ALSO iF i uSE A fRIENDS aCTION REPLAY THAT IS A DIFFERENT VERSION WILL HIS CODES SAVE TO MY AR MEME CARD?

2. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

dunno...............sorry

3. Cyberiusx

Cyberiusx Member

Yes to your second question, but then again mine ar mem card is custom made so i might be wrong.

4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

action replay doesn't boot backups the main reason is action replay searches for the security key on the cd to make sure it is a legal disk!!!

but there are other ways of booting the action replay to play backups

the new action replay that just came out the one that supports codes for donkey konga has a amazing new feature called instant boot

here is how it works

you turn on your gamecube with the drive open go into
    the gameplay section on the menu it should say nothing shut the drive untill the action replay logo apears now eject the disk and place you backup in and it should work

this meathod is also listed in the action replay instruction manual

to boot imports

5. micahman

micahman Member

How do you burn backups though, by just buying minature dvds? (Sorry im new to this, I have moded my Ps2 and XBOX and wanted to get a gamecube but am making sure i understand everything first, Ive read about the FTP thing, just wanted to see if that was the only way to play backups)