1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking MP3 integrity

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zuiko, Dec 6, 2002.

1. zuiko

zuiko Member

Is there any software that can go through a bunch of MP3s and make sure there are no encoding errors?

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

ashampoo offers one called mp3 check and convert. I haven't used the latest version, but the older version could not find a mistake unless it was a big one. The program I like to use to check mp3's (but it does not do batches), is feurio. It is a shareware cd audio burning program that has a feature that when you set it to 'burn mp3 on the fly' , it will check for errors on the mp3 as you drop the song into the project. I found this one to find 99% of mp3 errors which causes gaps in the song, pops, clicks, and silences when converted to audio cds.

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

There is hardly such thing as encoding errors. Usually the erros come at ripping stage, when people use b.s. software like Audiograbber etc. Then another chance of error is the filetransfers - files float around the internet, so their integrity may have been broken.

Many MP3 files (full albums) carry a .SVF file with them that can be used for verifying the integrity of songs. EncSpot -program (see sofy section) gives you some idea about the encoding quality.