1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chimp 2.4 help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by RiffyFox, Nov 15, 2009.

1. RiffyFox

RiffyFox Member

I am trying to do the clone hdd so I can swap out the 8 gig for this 80 gig out I took out of my old chipped and now dead xbox. I softmodded this new one and got it working fine, now when I goto apps and run chimp it just goes to a green screen.
    So then I goto cmd and run telnet 192.168.0.3 like it says and it just times out and doesn't connect. I have set the http setting to on, and set it to port 23 and put in the proxy as 192.168.0.3, the static IP for the xbox is 192.168.1.125

I have read what the other files say to do but nothing seems to be working just a green screen and telnet not opening a connection, please help?

2. weedop

weedop Member

what i had to do was i was using a linksys router and it had the same thing had to make it so the router was on 192.168.0.3 and i had to use a computer that had xp and not vista or win 7

3. avbar88

avbar88 Member

what you need to do if you have vista is go to Control Panel>Programs and Features
    Click in the left column where it says turn Turn windows features on or off.
    Check the box that says Telnet Client and click OK.

Should work