1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese Generic brands?

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by novicebb, May 26, 2005.

1. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

I know that many companies outsource their manufactuering to countries with cheap labor such as Taiwan, china, Sri Lanka and others. THese devices are usually manufactuered before being shipped to the company that outsourced the manufacteuring to have them labled and other duties performed before releasing for public consumption. Sony does this all the time.

So I am wondering if there is a generic brand of Archos AV 480 or Arhos AV4100 available from companies at cheaper prices. I know of a friend that saved over 400 dollars by getting a "white box" LCD that Panasonics sells but it was generic and he bought from an online company. ANyone can help me out?

2. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

Or is there any way to find out where Archos is Manufactuered and what company manufactures their products? I am thinking of getting the new Archos AV 700 when it comes out instead. THis thing will have a 16:9 format, 7inch screen and be able to everything else that the AV4100 can do and come with a 100gb harddrive.

3. novicebb

novicebb Regular member

After doing a search they apear to have a group in china that I guess they deal with called: Archos China LTD Shenzhen, China. Is there a way I can see if they are the ones that Manufacture the ARCHOS PMP devices and if the have an "off label" brand available for a much cheaper price?