1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chipless modding

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by pool4, Sep 5, 2004.

1. pool4

pool4 Member

I wanted to know if anyone knew how to make an xbox play backups without the use of a modchip because I saw a piece of a segment on the show screen savers on g4techtv and some guy showed how to play backups without using a modchip by using linux or evolutionX, but I wasn't able to catch how to properly do it so I was wondering if anyone here knows how.

2. TwiztedX

TwiztedX Guest

you can actually get all the information to do that at a couple sources. www.xbox-scene.com being the best and most reliable. or you can get it straight from the segment at the guy;s website. www.kevinrose.com (he's got a whole bunch of tips n crazy tricks for various things)

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

You're going to be flashing your TSOP. You will need a mem card with your executer2 bios and raincoat 0.7 on it,maybe access to a modded xbox to get the file onto your mem card. A copy of either 007 agent under fire or mechassault. Some soldering.....easy as hell for 1.2-1.5,a little more involved for 1.0-1.1. And about 10-25 minutes of your spare time. Oh yeah,if you have a 1.6,don't bother...you need a chip for that version.

That's all I'm going to say here...any more can be found out at xbox-scene.com