1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chipped xb error

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by swatgs, Mar 19, 2007.

1. swatgs

swatgs Member

Need some help, xbox has been chipped and worked fine so a long while. My son popped in a dvd to watch a movie and it was reading for a while and he booted the xbox off. We now cannot get to our Main screen for games. Upon boot a screen comes up with options:

ms dashboard
    reboot
    power off
    settings
    backup
    flash bios

i hit ms dashboard but nothing happens.

can someone give me show insight..

tnks

Joe

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

sounds like somehow the dashboard got messed up and just needs reconfiguring, if you can FTP into it and know how to then I suggest you do it, grab the .ini file (sounds like evox) from I'm assuming the C: drive is your main source for the mod (Might be in E: somewhere if not C:) and you need to create a new menu, not sure on evox so post what you have or wait for someone to contiune.

Let us know if that works, might be easier ways but the main thing is knowing your knowledge first to show you where to start.

Degalle

3. swatgs

swatgs Member

hi degalle,

thanks for getting back to me, Im learning some-else had chipped this box and they moved away so Im learning bit by bit. I was able to ftp into the box 6 partitions c,d,e,x,y,z. The C partitions had the evo.ini which is what comes up on boot, here is what the contents are:

[BIOS]

Current = 0x36357fb664fd669123b82892c8c55bd7

[Network]

SetupNetwork = No
    StaticIP = No
    Ip = 192.168.0.2
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway = 192.168.0.1
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0
    SetupDelay = 0
    SkipIfNoLink = No

[FTP]

Enable = Yes
    Password = xbox

[Telnet]

Enable = Yes

[RDTOOLS]

Enable = Yes
    Name = EvoX

[Clock]

JumpToMsDash = No
    JumpIfNoLink = Yes
    Use24 = Yes
    SwapDate = No
    SNTP_Server = 0.0.0.0

[Misc]

GameRegion = 0
    Fahrenheit = No
    AutoLaunchGames = Yes
    AutoLaunchDVD = Yes
    AutoLaunchAudio = Yes
    UseFDrive = No
    UseGDrive = No
    UseItems = Yes
    ScreenSaver = 5
    ShadeLevel = 90
    TSR_Type = 1
    IGR = No

*** i was looking for a Menu label but it isnt here, is there an option here that needs to be changed?..

Joe

4. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

5. swatgs

swatgs Member

Im able to ftp into the xbox, what needs to be changed at this point to get the original menu up?...

6. steimy

steimy Active member

under the backup option, what is there? Just curious as you usually have a back up of the C: partition stored in your E: folder, and if you can load that then you may be able to reverse what has happened.
    Or if you can just FTP a new copy of the EvoX dash onto the C: partition (or use an auto installer like Slayer 2.7 or AID 3.1 if you can load a burned DVD) Then you may also get it worked out.

7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well I dont know what are on ROOT of C and E drive on your xbox. For now you just open the evox.ini and copy my MENU and paste at the end of your evox.ini then ftp back to xbox.

8. swatgs

swatgs Member

I did a few things first on my backup directory on the xbox, the following files exist:

bios.bin, disk.bin, eeprom.bin, hddinfo.txt, hddkey.bin

Second I downloaded Slayer 2.7 using Utorrent (never did this before)
    after the files were download to my pc harddrive, what do I do?. I noticed an Iso file so I burnt it to a cd and tried to boot my xbox from it but nothing happended. Im not sure if Im supossed to load these files to my xbox or pc. Can someone walk me threw this.

9. swatgs

swatgs Member

I want to thank all who aided me on this problem, basically the menu section in my ini file was gone?. and all my games and applications were on the f partition and the menu had the f off. I have learned a lot about how the box works now, pretty easy once people lead you in the correct direction. This site was a great help and I will look to help others.. Thanks again to all.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

It is nice to see people thank others for their help, it doesn't happen as often as it should. Congrats on getting it all sorted out. Figure it this way, now you know how to edit an INI file and put whatever you want on the menu's where you want them, and with the correct paths. That is something a lot of people do not know can be done or even how to do.