1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipped xbox error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by fuckineh, May 31, 2006.

1. fuckineh

fuckineh Guest

Sorry if this has been covered already... but all threads mentioning this seemed to have to do with softmodding. and also its hard to follow through these threads that smart ppl use.. they skip info they think is basic..
    anyways... my buddies xbox is chipped, he accidentally went on xboxlive (he doesnt have a subsription), then his xbox like shut off
    Now everytime it boots it brings up this error 21 service required call customer support... this happends before dashboard loads.
    could someone staight up tell me whats up with this, any solutions.
    greats thanks

2. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you mean that you have modchip inside the xbox and it gives error 21?
    if so, make sure that your modchip is on.

3. fuckineh

fuckineh Guest

hmm i dontknow what u mean by on.... ive been told that the macro is banned or serial number... so its stuck in a loop... would getting a new harddrive work? or would that immediatly ban the new harddrive
    thanks

4. fuckineh

fuckineh Guest

hmm now i have an error 07, can i jus get another hardrive, and use slayers v2.6? will that restore it to working condition.. thanks

5. fuckineh

fuckineh Guest

**Important, i just looked for the mod chip....(he told me he had a mod chip which he doesnt) So apparently now its a softmod error 21..
    I have looked around a great deal, searched google, read several of the most confusing forums trying to find the answer. May someone send a link to guide or somthing, which tells you how to fix a softmod xbox error 21? with rather simple steps for beginners
    *sorry for mix up
    great thanks, much appreciated

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

7. fuckineh

fuckineh Guest

hmm i went to turn my xbox on, n the light went green, then off, then green.. now its flashing green and red.. ther is nothing on the screen... when i unplug the ide cable to theHD and run it.. it has error 07, harddrive time out? any ideas?
    thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2006
  8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you put original hdd back to xbox?

Connect everything back as original. Then turn on xbox again. Hopefully, you will get error 21. Then do hotswap.

If you connect as original and still have green/red flashing with nothing on TV, then I CAN'T help.

If you connect as original and turn on xbox, you see the green bios boots up with the big X and XBOX. Then tell me what happens after, error code, everything.

9. fuckineh

fuckineh Guest

Yo, ok so im back at error 21, i see the white microsoft logo before i get error 21... One question when doing the hotswap.. i plug the xbox ide cable to where on the computer? cause i have to be running my pc harddrive.. can i like unplug my dvd burner? and what jumper should xbox harddrive be on so i dont fry anything??
    thanks again so far

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

do you know what is primary IDE and secondary IDE on PC? There are 2 IDE cables on PC.

Usually, pc's hdd is on the primary IDE. So leave it alone.

The secondary IDE is for dvd drives. So unplug it from dvd drives. But IDE cable still connect to pc's motherboard. Then use it to connect to xbox's hdd.

Leave jumper on xbox's hdd alone.

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well hotswap should not fry anything on pc and xbox. You should know about pc, so you can success to do hotswap.

You can ask your friends for help.

12. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

ok i got it hooked up, right when i connected the comp ide to the xbox hd, my tv screen went to error 21 ( it was previously froze at white microsoft logo when i unplugged xbox hd ide cable) that good??

13. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

hmmm it says cant find fatx, when i go to harddrive open on xplorer360

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

well just continue to boot up pc. Then open xplorer360 and try to read xbox's hdd.

Usually when you see microsoft logo show up under big X and XBOX, and quickly remove ide cable from xbox hdd. Then connect the from pc to it.

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

you have to do 3-4 times. you will get it.

16. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

it froze on boot up saying, secondary ide cable no 80 conductor cable installed? that means what
    sorry for dumb questions

* wait now its past that an been hanging on verifying DMI pool date for a while

17. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

wait a minute.
    how do you connect xbox hdd to pc?

pc's hdd and xbox's hdd are on 2 different IDE cables on PC. The secondary IDE cable is for xbox's hdd only. NO dvd drives.

18. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

yes pc hd on primary cable
    xbxo hd on secondary ide cable

19. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

yes after it was stuck on verifying DMI pool data.... it said disk boot failure, insert system disk n push enter

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

did you hit the break/pause key when pc booting up? After connect ide cable to xbox hdd, then hit any key to continue booting pc.

PC should boot as normal condition.