1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipped xbox error 21

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by fuckineh, May 31, 2006.

1. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

ok
    turn on pc without xbox hdd connected. Secondary ide still free. Does pc boot normally?

2. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

yes when it is booting up i immediatly push the pause key, then switch cables... push any key, it detects it... but then seems to have those errors i jus mentioned.. my pc is phoenix bios or somthing

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

jumper on xbox hdd should be Master or Cable Select.
    Which windows do you have? how old is pc?

4. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

jumper for pc master (i think it has to be)
    jumper for xbox is cable select ( i know )
    xp pro, few years old

5. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

i know in the tuturial it says make sure u turn off xbox with hd connected back to it... or it will leave it unlocked n be fucked.... isnt ther tools to relock it again? or will that only work for modded xbox

6. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

hmm... you PC looks good.

It should boot up with the xbox hdd. It maybe your bios.

So try this.

Turn on PC without connect the xbox's hdd. log on windows.
    Then turn on xbox, wait until microsoft logo appears. Quickly disconnect IDE cable and connect the one from pc to it.

Then on pc, goto Manager => disk managerment. Do you see xbox's hdd in there? if not, goto Action => Rescan disk. Hopefully, xbox hdd shows up.
    open up xplorer360 and try to read xbox hdd

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2006
  7. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

the xboxhdm can lock hdd again if you have eeprom.

what do you mean by modded xbox? modchip?

8. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

hmmm not sure at this moment i was jus reading somethin.. thanks ill try your new idea

9. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

hmm now it says error 16 lmfao

10. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

11. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

although it got error 16, sometimes you still can do hotswap.
    Just disconnect ide cable from xbox hdd just right on the error show.

12. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

are u familiar with XboxHDM? i used hot swap to unlock my drive... then used the xboxhdm... it says i have no partion table then says dont reboot or it will lock.. that tutorial says it has no partion table, so type yes to make one

13. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

I'm not sure with that.

14. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

are u familiar with partion tables? or how to create them on a blank HD

15. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

16. fuckineh

fuckineh Guest

hmm ya i read all those, and i was able to totataly redo my c partion ( it said it worked ), then when i started my xbox up, it says error 16..

17. bwhinch

bwhinch Guest

Okay, im at error 21, i got the hotswap to work, when i open it in xplorer360 it says error atbout FATx or somthing, but then shows all 5 partions..
    i backed up partion 3 and 4 to pc... but i cant bring files into xplorer360... how do i do that??
    thanks

18. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

How did you copy partition 3 and 4 to pc? So just drag files from PC to partition 3 and 4.

did you download softmod files 325MB? extract it. you will have C and E folder. Then follow the tut.

19. bassman72

bassman72 Member

I have spent the last year trying to fix my friends little brothers xbox. i modded it for him, but within 2 hours he had erased a few files. Well i have tried and tried. Well the regular hot swap didnt work, it caused my system to lockup. But i did it with windows running, it worked perfectly. I havent finnished moving the files to the xbox yet,b ut everything looks good. Thanks!