1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipping and Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by PAC78, Feb 24, 2005.

1. PAC78

PAC78 Guest

I have only had my Xbox a months now and wanna mod it but I heard that you can't play Xbox Live if it's been modded, is this true?

2. Dizee

Dizee Member

Hey, sure its possible to play Live with a modded Xbox as long as you install a chip with an On/Off switch, just turn off ya Box set the chip to off and it will load with normal M$ bios and you'll be able to play on live just fine, BUT! YOU CANNOT PLAY ON LIVE WITH YOUR CHIP ON! If you connect to any form of Live with your chip on or even with it off but without restarting your console you will be banned. You cannot also play on live if you have already connected to the service and then replace your HDD..
    Dizee...

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you can get on xbox live with your modchip disabled. if you sign up to live with your stock hd, you will have to use that hd whenever you play on live...if you signed up with the stock hd, and upgrade to a larger hd and try to sign onto live you will be banned.

just a warning, if you have been on live with the stock xbox hd, do not try and sign on to live with a upgraded hd, you will be banned.

4. PAC78

PAC78 Guest

Kool, thanks for the help guys *thumbs up*