1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choose recorder problem with Nero Burning Rom

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by bazza6109, Mar 8, 2006.

1. bazza6109

bazza6109 Guest

Hi can anyone help ,I have just installed two different versions of nero,but when i go to burn disc,it doesn't pick up my Sony cd/dvd rom.In choose cd rom there's just Image recorder,does this do the job or not ,iv'e tried looking in Nero tools and it shows that it finds it with that!Any help will be much appreciated!.

2. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

well, installing to different versions isnt good... i say either uninstall one
    [bold]OR[/bold]
    try burning the image onto your harddrive, then burning the image with another burning software (i suggest use Alcohol 120%)

3. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

If I read your thread correctly you state NERO Burning ROM does not recognize your Sony Cd/DVD ROM. That is because a Cd/dvd rom is not a burner or recorder, it is a read only device.

If what you have is indeed a burner/recorder, then I suggest you follow wagsdadog advice. Use Nero Clean Tool to uninstall all of Nero; then reinstall only one version. Then see if it recognizes your burner...

4. bazza6109

bazza6109 Guest

Hi thank you for replying to my question,i have since then now been able to install a version of Nero,Its not the version that i wanted,but i'm just glad to have any Nero working! I like to adjust mp3 music tracks,ie: cut out silence at begining and end of some tracks, also cross fade,and adjust EQ,but the only version of Nero i can get to work,and has i have stated i have tryed 3 different copy's of Nero (v5.59)(6.0.0)and the new Nero 7 but all fail to work propely,even after uninstalling and useing the Nero clean tool!The only version i can get to work is a OEM suite,but this doesn't have Nero burning Rom with it only Nero express!! Cheers Baz!

5. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

well, that soudsn really confusing... so i mite just exclude myself... *knowing nothing about the topic, I slowing back out of the room- smiling*