1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

choppy audio after encoding to mpeg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mac71, Jul 8, 2003.

1. mac71

mac71 Guest

I will try to give as much detail as possible. I was getting the floating decimal error when encoding using TEMPGE and I researched a solution to the problem in the forum and found where it advised to go to enviromental setting and then to the CPU tab and uncheck the Enable SSE and the would automaticlly uncheck the Use Floating Point DCT. It did exactly that and I was able to encode the AVI2MPEG without receiving the floating decimal error this time, but when I played the burned VCD the Audio is very choppy and fades in and out. Please advise on what I need to do to make the audio better. If more info is needed just say so.....Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well open the avi in virtualdub and do the following

1. click video - direct stream copy
    2. click audio - full processiong mode
    3. click audio - compression, select no compression pcm and click ok
    4. click file - save as avi

The avi saved will have pcm audio and be more compatible with TMPGEnc!

3. mac71

mac71 Guest

I followed your instructions Dela and it seemed to improve very little. I then was told to check for bad frames and I did that using VirtualDub. It logged some 8200 some odd bad frames out of some 63000 or so frames. So I am figuring this file probably needs to be put out of its missery or is it repairable?

Thanks for the response!

4. Dela

Holy Shit 8000?? fusk that lol, have you got updated codecs and everything??

5. mac71

mac71 Guest

I used Gspot to check the file and it said I had 3 compatible codecs for the file, but as far as them bing upto date that I am not positive on.

6. Dela

hmm ok, is your avi an xvid or anything??

7. mac71

mac71 Guest

No... file is not an xvid....I think it may be ready for the recycling bin...lol

8. Dela

if i was you that would have been in the recycle bin already lol