1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choppy Audio on Burned DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kulps1219, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Kulps1219

Kulps1219 Member

I have a pretty old computer and dvd burner that came with it (purchased in 2003). I've never had any problems with it or the dvds it makes. But lately all the DVDs I burn have audio problems. Sometimes they'll work for a little bit and then start to get choppy and out of sync. The video is fine. This has been encountered when burning movies from ISOs, or using nero to burn the dvd files. I even created an ISO in Nero and it played fine when I mounted it.

I'm not actually at my computer right now to tell you what media I am using or what model the dvd burner specfically is. But I never used to have a problem with this specific spindle of dvds.

If anyone had to guess, what would you say it is? My first instinct was problems with software but the ISO that I made seemed to disprove this. So my only other guesses are problems with the actual dvds or something with the burner itself. I'm going to pick up some various blank media to try to see if thats the problem.

2. attar

attar Senior member

It often comes down to poor media burned too fast.
    Try some 'Verbatim' brand burned at 4x maximum and you can assume it's not a media problem.