1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choppy Playback/ No backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by choachman, Nov 11, 2004.

1. choachman

choachman Guest

I've had this problem a few times. I start with a freshly formatted harddrive - 60 gig. Get all my drivers and whatnot. Everything works fine with all my software installed etc... then after making about 10 backups(DVD Decryptor/Shrink method) my computer won't play DVDs anymore, in either DVD drive (one DVD R, the other no writing capability). So now I can no longer watch or write movies. I have no idea what the problem is, but formatting solves it. Please help, any ideas, I can't continue to format each time this problem occurs, but I like being able to backup DVDs.

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Do you reboot your computer after burning a dvd ?
    Do you delete old video files after burning a dvd ?

3. choachman

choachman Guest

I don't usually reboot after burning a DVD- sometimes burn multiple in one sitting. I also do delete old video files after I'm done with them.

4. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Try rebooting your pc after every burn and see if this helps. If this dont work we'll try something else.

5. choachman

choachman Guest

I'll try that, but right now I can't burn or read, so to test that one out I'm still going to have to format. I'm gonna see if anyone else has any ideas to try out before I resort to that again, because formatting is just depressing.