1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choppy Video Capture

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by aatrium, Jan 15, 2005.

1. aatrium

aatrium Member

When I capture video in MPEG-2 format using NeroVision Express 3, the video is out of sync with the audio and essentially "choppy".

I don't have any problem capturing in AVI with this and another program (which can only capture in AVI) and I have a high-spec machine (P4 2.6GHz, 128MB RAM).

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Do I need to get a new capture card perhaps?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, I think your Problem is that you are Dropping Frames and you are Probably Dropping Frames because you don"t have enough Ram in your PC...

With 128mb of ram you have barely enough to Run XP much less capture to Mpeg2...
    128mb is a Good Ammount of Ram for a Video Card but not a computer, actually my Video card has 256mb...

It doesn"t matter how Fast your CPU is if you don"t have enough Memory Bandwidth ...
    Pluss if you have Integrated Video another Minimum 32mb gets sucked out of your 128mb for Displaying on your Monitor...

You should Upgrade your Memory to at least 512MB which will run you about $60 and I"m sure your Problems will be Solved, accept for Maybe your Sync problem which could also be caused from useing Capture software that doesn"t Properly Compensate for dropped Frames and the Time Lag between the audio and Video which "Nero Vision Express" doesn"t do very well at all....

If after Upgradeing your Memory you still have problems that I suggest you switch Capture programs to Maybe something like Intervideo WinDvr 3.0 also Sonic MyDVD 6 captures pretty good Quality also, Much better than Vision Express....

Cheers

3. aatrium

aatrium Member

Sorry, I meant 128MB of RAM on my video card. I have 1GB of RAM.

According to Nero, not one frame is being dropped.