1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

choppy video on standalone player(from .bin file)

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by andybuk99, Sep 19, 2002.

1. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

hi all
    i have searched the forum but nothing matches exactly my problem. the .bin files when burnt to cd work fine in windows but are choppy & stuttery ( technical terms i know) on standalone player (limit jdv300a same as bush dvd2004). i am right in thinking that the encoded movie is too high a bitrate for my dvd player?
    any help or advice for sorting this out would be greatly appreciated!

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I would be glad to help, All i need to know is what format your movie is? what you used to burn the .bin? where you got the .bin (really this doesnt matter in most cases).

3. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

hi dela thanks for offering to help, this is proving to be a nightmare cause my own dvd rips are escellent. all the .bin files i have tried are from sharereactor, i have tried burning them with nero, cdmate and cdrwin, the format after i extract them from vcdgear is
    MPEG-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbps, Layer-2 44100Hz 192kbps according to TMPGenc. i have tried extractiing them with fix mpeg errors correct option on but this leaves 12 splits that are not recognized by TMPGenc. i have tried re-encoding the unfixed mpeg but the same problems. if you want any further information just ask, thanks again for your help.

4. Dela

You said that the movie was
    Mpeg-1 352x240 29.97fps CBR 1150kbit/sec Layer 2 44100hz 192 kbits/sec. The video is ok for America (for Europe use 352x288 25fps CBR 1150kits/sec).

The audio is wrong, you need to encode the audio to Layer-2 44100hz 224kbits/sec.

5. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

thanks for your response, i will follow your instructions and let you know how i get on, thanks again.

6. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

hi dela
    its a hell of a lot better, there is a problem though, the subtitles that appear occasionally are only just at the bottom of the screen, when i play the original .bin in windows media they are totally clear of the edge of the screen. thanks in advance for any help

7. Dela

Let me get this straight, were the subtitles before not displayed as much as they are now or is it the other way around.

TMPGEnc, likes resizing video, i've noticed that sometimes after encoding avi's that were leterboxed, it stretched it perfectly to full screen.

8. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

sorry for not bein clearer.the subtitles should be showing more, but are getting cut off

9. Dela

Sorry for not responding sooner.

I was wondering if you are using a software dvd player to play the vcd or just windows media?

10. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

thats ok dela
    i have tried windvd and media player both show more of the actual viewing area(so more of the subtitles)
    thanks for your ongoing help
    andy

11. Dela

no problem

12. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

on the pc the movies appear to be fine on any software players but as soon as i play on the standalone player all the troublewith the proportions start

13. Dela

Ye, pcs do tend to give the average ripper a better time when it comes to playback, thats because standalones will usually only play the standard compilance. Its a pain in the a**. I don't understand cause from what I see your movie should be standard vcd.

14. andybuk99

andybuk99 Member

hi dela
    yeah the thing that gets me is that the dvd rips are excellent with dvd2svcd, but saying that the last one the sound was out of sync on the standalone but perfect on the pc. so, tell me which dvd player (at a reasonable price) will not cause so many probs. thanks for your help

15. Dela

WOW slow down, ive only been through two standalones.

You should check out http://www.meritline.com. The have a lot of good stuff at resonable prices