1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choppy Video using ULEAD 7.0

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by chum94555, Apr 18, 2003.

1. chum94555

chum94555 Member

I tried capturing, editing and burning a DVD all using ULEAD'S VIDEOSTUDIO 7.0 and Video is very choppy. any idea? thanks

2. jsnkc28

jsnkc28 Member

My suggestion, get a real editing program.

3. chum94555

chum94555 Member

Any recommndation on good EDITING program?
    thanks

4. Nemo88

Nemo88 Member

Getting a real editing program is a good idea but might not address your problem because you haven't defined "choppy video" very clearly.

What is choppy? 3:2 flicker issues? Editing problems?

A good editing program? If PC-- then Adobe Premiere. If Mac-- Final cut Pro.

I have been experiencing choppy video but it is from blending of interlace frames.

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I've been having a similar problem as Chum. To clarify what I'm doing, I'm capturing analogue video using an ATI Rage Fury Pro video card. (which uses the ATI Rage 128 chipset.) I am also using Video Studio 7.0

The reason why I'm using it is this: so far it's the only program that successfully recognized my video card as having capture capabilities.

To describe the choppy video I would just say that it almost looks like it's only capturing a few frames per second, rather than the 24 I set it to. I've even checked and it doesn't seem to be dropping frames. It does tell you that when the capture concludes.

Also, I'm curious what compression to use. Most seem to take a 30 second clip and make a 90 meg avi out of it. Now movies that I've seen that were downloaded off the net are around 700 megs and nice and smooth.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

To answer the question you asked me in a private message, Chum, I have not found a solution to this yet.

7. tommays

tommays Member

i would be sure your computer can handle the video stream that you want to encode many computers cant capture at 720 x 480 full dvd bit rate they become overwelmed it takes a lot of cpu power because the encodeing is being done in software vs a hardware mpeg encoder.
    try a capture at 320 or 480 to see if it is still choppy.i use ulead 6.0 with and ati 8500dv
    a 1.2 amd cpu 1.5 gig ram full dvd will make this system drop frames.unless your sorce material is perfect it wont help to capture at full 720 dvd vcd quality 320 x 240 or svcd 480 x 480 is better than than the quality i can get to my card
    tommays