1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chorus hitting more channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by printer43, Oct 19, 2009.

1. printer43

printer43 Member

Anyone know what's going on with Chorus? I only have the basic channels left. Even Eurosport has gone. Surely they can't have moved nearly everything to N3!

2. mossy464

mossy464 Member

I have lost the same plus the music channels, e4+1. looks like they are going to hit everything. I thought it was just sports and movies going to nagra 3

3. M1CHAELD

M1CHAELD Member

Do a Factory Reset and rescan. Dont forget to set default key and turn on emu.you should get all but the sports and movies back.

4. printer43

printer43 Member

Did factory reset and scan. Still the same! My Sagem chorus box is still working fine. My Starview 3 is only showing basic package. Would flashing with latest firmware fix it?

5. wotsitfor

wotsitfor Member

that box went a long time ago were are you

6. printer43

printer43 Member

I'm in Swords. This box worked perfectly well until yesterday.I had all channels, including Sports, Movies etc up to last week. I'm perfectly aware that their's no N2 fix for this particular box. However, As far as I know! Chorus are still broadcasting mainly on N1. I'm wondering if anyone knows if reflashing box would do any good! The firmware on this box is V 7, dating back to July 2007. As I explained earlier, My original Chorus Sagem box is showing all channels except the ones that went to N3.

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if you are on chorus cable which I think you are as your using a SV3, they are slowly removing the chans from N1, they are on N2 now and the sports n movies on N3, your box wont pick up the basic chans as there is no fix it.

You could try to factory reset or a reflash with the last firmware to see if it is a box or service issue, but sounds like they are moving the basic chans to N2 now,

welcome to the rest of the country mate!

8. printer43

printer43 Member

Thanks Micah. I'm a bit puzzled as to why Chorus would bother with N2 though! Why is my original Sagem box still able to receive All discovery channels etc? I'm still getting a lot more than the basic package with this box. I installed the new card they sent me a couple of weeks ago. This all seems a bit strange to me. Surely this means that they are going to put all but the basic package on N3 eventually.

9. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Think ya answered yer own question mate, you installed the new card, which signals the move to N2 for basic and N3 for premium, Now, if or when they move the balance to N3 is another days work,

just the end of the road for the SV3 in Ireland mate

10. mdfitz

mdfitz Member

hi guys,

i've a eurovox max v on ch*rus cable in cork. all my channels are gone. is this box totally useless now? if what are my options?

thanks in advance

m

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

yes useless and not a lot of options, Sat and cardshare,

there are threads on here about dreamboxs

12. mdfitz

mdfitz Member

ah well the holiday had to end sometime!

thanks mickha

13. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but was good while it lasted

14. pound1

pound1 Regular member

Yep

Looks like thats it. No sign of Nag3 fix for a considerable time. By then the boxes we have will be useless anyway.
    One thing it has thought me. Most of the channels were sh1te anyway and I wont be buying them for sure

15. printer43

printer43 Member

Is it fact that Chorus are using N2? I just plugged in a starview usb box that has n2 fix on it. I'm still getting very few channels. BBC1 and 2 are missing as well now. There's something weird going on here. I'm totally baffled at this stage!

16. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

If soome of the channels (BBC's) have gone to N2 would it be possible to get them on a Kryptview A750?

17. printer43

printer43 Member

As I said in last post. I tried a Starview 4 usb box with N2 fix on it. I can't see that Kryptview box will make any difference. Micah reckons they've put most of the non premium channels on N2. I'm beginnning to think it's something else. As I said previously, my original Chorus sagem box is picking up everything exept Sports and movies. Something very peculiar going on. I'm going mad to get to the botton of it!

18. humo

humo Member

its all going to N3 - they'll all be gone by next weekend - break for the bank holiday

19. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

aye, they are moving chans upwards and onwards, your subbed box will contnue to work as you have the new card in it and you wont see a problem, but, a box without the latest firmware (n2 etc) will start losing chans continuesly until there is about 5 left on n1. the rest on N2 and premium on N3

A Krypt with the latest firmware will pick all chans bar premium up (sprts / movs)
    Chans will come in and out as the work goes on,

Not my work and Kudos to the author
    Q: What is nagravision 3 (N3 for short) ?

Nagravision is an encryption method used by both satellite providers.
    This locks and secures their channels so that only subscribers who have authorization can view.
    Nagravision 1 and nagravision 2 (nagra 1 & nagra 2) have been compromised and exploited, allowing unauthorized access via hardware and or software to view their channels. Naturally when this happens the providers must find a way to lock their signals again, if only as a way to inconvenience you momentarily in hopes you find an easier way. (Just pay them monthly). Remember, if no one paid for the birds in the sky you wouldn't be watching them.its always a very very good idea to pay for their services. If only for a basic subscription.

Q: What about new software?

No one knows this information besides the coders. They will not disclose to much info before hand.

Q: If it does get cracked, how long will it take?

Again, the same thing applies. We simply do not know.
    We do know however, the switchover from nagra 1 to nagra 2 was only a matter of a few weeks. But this may not be as easy as last time. Only skilled coding teams will know what it takes. Most of the upper/common coders,or spokesman's for them have already stated that they are working on it. As soon as the files are finished we will have it posted. And yes, we will have it posted before or in the same time as other websites.

Q: What channels have already switched over to nagra 3, thus resulting in a black screen?

DN is curreN*ly making the switch now, shutting off the lights to nagra 2 and only using nagra 3 as their encryption method.
    Many channels such as HD and some premium movie channels have been reported down, it is only a matter of time before is completely dark.

Remember,there is a whole sky up there full of channels that in many cases are free and clear,using 0% encryption.that's why your receivers are 100% legal. Of course I only recommend buying and using your fta receivers for their intended use,and any other information as always is for educational use only. More info here:

So in short the dark days are ahead and only coders releasing new software for nagra 3 will turn the lights back on.

We recommend that you start recording some of the shows in case of prolonged blackout.

The N3 switch, what to do & what you should not do...

Except for old timers, most of you have never seen a nag switch.
    There is no need to keep posting (I lost channel xxx, how do I get it back?)
    We all know the providers are switching to N3. You will lose more & more channels until they are all gone. You will get scrambled channels, sound but no video, ect. All that is to be expected during a switch, there is nothing you can do about it except making sure the channel loss is not on your end.

As time goes on, rumors will surface like you have never seen. You will also see many scams.

Example:
    N3 was hacked by a monK*y in China, he has the hack for sale, we need money..
    The monK*y opened a private site , only $500.98 to join..
    We almost have the fix, we just need to tweak it, but ran out of money..
    Your receiver won't work for N3, buy this one...
    k**s will work...
    My friend's uncle"s sisters, cousin has the fix, all channels wide open...

Keep your old receivers, we don't know what will work & what won't. If you have to have a new unit, buy a $100 one until this is over..

We have experienced staff, the seniors have been thru these changes from the F card to N1, N2 & now N3.
    We know where to look for bins & info, We have enough experience to know fact from rumors & scams.

The staff will be very busy, searching for info to keep you up to date. We will not have time to correct useless post by ppl who have no idea what they posted.

Please, let the staff do their job & all will Be Fine.
    All we can do now is ride it out, & watch for new developments.

More info on N3:
    Nagravision is a company of the Kudelski Group that develops conditional access systems for cable and satellite television. The name is also used for their main products, the Nagravision encryption systems.

Three versions of Nagravision are in common use for digital satellite television, known as Nagravision, Nagravision Cardmagedon, and Nagravision Aladin. Nagravision Cardmagedon and Aladin are often confused with each other. Nagravision Cardmagedon is however, a complicated combination of Nagravision Aladin and Mediaguard SECA 2 encryption.

The decryption unit is either integrated into a receiver, available as a conditional access module (CAM), or as one of many encryption schemes supported on a CAM emulator.

Nagravision has been adopted all over the world as a conditional access system, with providers like V88g8n Media in the UK and Dream Satellite TV Philippines (on Nagravision 1), Polsat of Poland, Digital+ Spain (now on Nagravision 3), TV Cabo Portugal, Premiere Germany, Digi TV Romania, B** TV and and Dish USA (On Nagravision 2).

The original Nagravision 1 is now almost obsolete after it was originally compromised in 1999, although Dream Satellite maintain relative security by changing k**s several times throughout the day, causing great inconvenience to unauthorized viewers.

The Nagravision Aladin providers have been confronting the issue of satellite signal piracy and smart card piracy, since the system was publicly compromised in summer 2005. At first, security of the system was regained, with software revisions, manipulation of the Nagravision encryption algorithm, along with the phasing out of older cards, like the ROM101, ROM102, ROM103 in USA and ROM110,ROM120,ROM130 in Europe, in favor of the newer ROM142/ROM180.

Card hackers have, however, continued to compromise the encryption system, with continued software and K*y releases being made available to the public. Software emulation of the Nagravision system has been implemented in many Free-To-Air Satellite receivers, allowing unauthorized viewing to those who do not own an official card. As of the summer of 2008, the next version of Nagravision, nagra3, has been compromised in Europe.

Nagra 3 will be the same Nagra 3 here as there. There will be changes in map calls & timers like there is now. If Nagra 3 is cracked in Europe it will be cracked here as well. That does not mean there will not be upgrades to the code. There will always be that.

The real question is , will your current FTA unit handle the upgraded code?

The reason we have to wait is because our providers will adjust the ECMS so that it takes longer to hack, and so the coders cant just use the Euro coders work

20. celtic7

celtic7 Member

thanks a lot for info very interesting keep up the good work and we will all be able to watch the footie again so sit tight.THANKS MICKAH