1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chorus hitting more channels

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by printer43, Oct 19, 2009.

1. rs2kie

rs2kie Member

I'll try that later MICKAH, and advise.

I do fear however that we are toast this time.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

aye dont sound good mate, the thing with the krypt it has auto scanning built in, by leaving it standby for about 20 mins, it will fix and pull in chans that have moved, thats the best thing about them, but if that dont work, then its one of two things, work going on in the area and its effecting certain TP's or chans deffo moved to N3 and its game over.

3. rs2kie

rs2kie Member

Same issue confirmed in another house about 1 mile away. Same channels gone. Will try that manual scan later, but I doubt it will make any difference bth.

4. printer43

printer43 Member

This is what I've been trying to explain for nearly a week now! All boxes except original chorus sagems are picking up just a few basic channels. This must mean that they've gone to N3. I've tried a starview usb and eurovox SL 1000 both with latest N2 fixes installed to no avail. To my mind, this means that Chorus went straight to N3. Only a matter of time before they start to hit the likes of National Geographic and Disney on their own boxes. Looks like Satellite Dreambox is the only way to go.

5. johnny30

johnny30 Member

my didgivox xl is working fine have not noticed anychannels bar the prem ones still have attheraces too and the nthell box is still fooked in the spare bedroom as its useless ha ha

6. byrne7

byrne7 Member

Press 6001 with your remote on BBC1, Then info. If the 1801 stream is still showing they are still running on Nagra 2. If not its game over.

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

emmm no its not, as if they went to N3 all the way as you suggest, the guys wouldnt be having probs they are having now, they would have no chans what so ever, every one blank, as i explained to you earlier, whats happening to you is not whats happening to the guys slowly missing chans as they are, so your conclusion is flawed in thats sense

I am still waiting on ya to tell me where the Max V fix is you mentioned earlier? and what firmware you have on both boxs u tried?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  8. Gavo28

Gavo28 Member

Im also on Ch*rus in Limerick and those channels (Utv,Channel 4,Bravo,BBC 1&2) have gone from the boxes provided by Chor*s.

I have contacted them and they havent a clue what the problem is, been going on 6/7 days now.

We have not been sent new cards but Chor*s told me eventually we will be and that the card changeover hasnt affected my area yet anyway, strange considering my eurovox is only getting the same channels as the Chor*s box

9. rs2kie

rs2kie Member

I did that and got a key table. Lots of numbers. In descending order......0601, 003E, 04B1, CasType, 1802, 1800, 1801, 1802.

10. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

so gavo, its what I mentioned up a few posts, a system glitch, its a problem with the provider themselves, if those chans are prob chans on a sub box, they will be a prob on your own box, so its not N3

thanks for clearing that up, cheers!

11. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

What ya have there is 3 streams, N1, N2 and N3, see gavos post above, its a prob with the provider

12. rs2kie

rs2kie Member

I'm not so sure MICKAH. I have the cable slit and the official Ch*rus box is decoding them all fine. The Kryptview isn't though. It's a puzzling one.

13. suffy88

suffy88 Member

14. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

the same with some folk in cork, missing the same chans as you on a SV4 box, did you see Gavos post? He rang them, they are having a prob with the chans on their own boxs also, so seems the issue is lying with them,

from your info on the stream, N2 is still there as is N1 and also N3, so your box is gettng a N2 stream, i would highly doubt its the firmware on the krypt as the SV4 is the same, i think its more to do with chorus themselves

15. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

16. rs2kie

rs2kie Member

I duuno. If I have a N2 stream why is the Krypt not decoding it?

17. byrne7

byrne7 Member

Press 6001 with your remote on BBC1, Then info. If the 1801 stream is still showing they are still running on Nagra 2. If not its game over.[/quote]

I did that and got a key table. Lots of numbers. In descending order......0601, 003E, 04B1, CasType, 1802, 1800, 1801, 1802.[/quote]

If this is right then they are running only on the N3 stream. The 1802 after Castype is the crucial one there. The last 3 dont matter. If they were on N2 it would have 1801 under castype.
    Maybe they switched them to N3 by accident, that would explain them not knowing anythin about it.

18. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

as gavo says, its happening on their own boxs, so I would wait to see if they fix it,

As above, if they have done that, then it would explain why their own boxs are having probs, as, if they havent rolled out the cards, they will be missing on those boxs also

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  19. rs2kie

rs2kie Member

I did that and got a key table. Lots of numbers. In descending order......0601, 003E, 04B1, CasType, 1802, 1800, 1801, 1802.[/quote]

If this is right then they are running only on the N3 stream. The 1802 after Castype is the crucial one there. The last 3 dont matter. If they were on N2 it would have 1801 under castype.
    Maybe they switched them to N3 by accident, that would explain them not knowing anythin about it.[/quote]

Tried it again. After CasType is 1800, 1801, and finally 1802. My mistake. Sorry. Does this change anything?

20. byrne7

byrne7 Member

That means all 3 streams are available, which points to it being a problem at chorus.