1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chorus mmds advice and help needed please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tw0nk, Aug 27, 2007.

1. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you will probably be missing at least 4 channels,bbc 1 + 2,c4 and itv and a few more to say the least would you not try the box-t or eurvox tx easy to use and no missing channels but you cant stream to your pc like you can with the dreambox,if you still want to go with the dm500T you can get a different downconvertor that will get you the missing channels

2. erukus

erukus Member

Maybe thats a better option do either of these update automatically also do they decrypt sly movies etc. If they dont auto update what has to be done? Also is all the software ready to go on these boxes which one of the two is better?>

3. glic83

glic83 Regular member

the box-t and the eurovox tx didnt go down on the keyroll change like the rest of the boxe sthey just auto updated so they a fairly reliable you will need to flash the firmware onto the boxes id say that will mean you need to get a null modem cable and have a serial port on the back of your computer,id say go for the box-t just cos its a few quid cheaper than the eurovox tx but either will do the job

4. erukus

erukus Member

Thanks can i flash with digitalworldz also is it same scenario with regards to cancelling my subscription. Do you know where I can buy one is ebay the only place?

5. erukus

erukus Member

6. cork1908

cork1908 Member

no the eurovox and the box-t are flashed with a certain file for them a .bin file this is all you need most of these boxes just come plug and play that they will work with a small with of tuning id recommmend iwantabox.com for these boxes.

7. hillman40

hillman40 Member

Notice a number of suppliers no longer are offering the box t! anyone know why this is?

8. glic83

glic83 Regular member

think some of it down to the seizure of cable equipment over in the uk but if yoy shop around you will find some places that are still doing them

9. erukus

erukus Member

10. glic83

glic83 Regular member

they would be real dont think there would be a big enough market for clones of the box-t as its only used in Ireland price looks good and ive heard of that company so id say you should be safe enough

11. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

Hi,
    I am considering getting Chorus MMDS (trough ariel) in Co westmeath. Does anyone know if Box T will work there to unlock the rest of the sky channels if i have the basic package,

thanks

12. WestCork

WestCork Member

Have chorus mmds via arial in Cork with the basic package and have all the channels

13. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

re- west cork:
    do you have a Box T, what model. Was it hard to set up?

thanks

14. WestCork

WestCork Member

Yes, got "the box-t". Came with software version dated december 2007. Had to download to a previous version and just plug in and do an automatic scan.

And that was it

15. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

excellent thanks. Where did you buy it? how much does it cost.

16. WestCork

WestCork Member

bought it on iwantabox.com for approx €100. Think it might even be cheaper now!

17. erukus

erukus Member

hi westcork why do you need a basic package if you have an aerial?

18. glic83

glic83 Regular member

in theory you dont need a package but you will have to get a power supply for the antenna,and its always nice to have a chor*s box in case things go tits up so you will have something to watch

19. tw0nk

tw0nk Member

Hi WestCork, thanks for info so far, I am just ordering from chorus at the moment, (based in wexford), I went to that site and there seems to be 2 different mmds boxes, the eurovox one and the "the box-t" one, which one is better do you know? And also could you please tell me what stations you pick up with the box you have? ie which extra stations? all the sports ? movies?

thanks a million.

20. WestCork

WestCork Member

Don't know about eurovox. All I know is that I have chorus mmds via aerial and use the box-t and get all sky sports channels and all movie channels. However, chorus are trying to scramble/move the frequencies so from time to time the box-t does an automatic recscan to pick up all the channels again. So far so good, but the box-t appears to be smarter that chorus attempts to scramble channels at the moment. However, there may be a time in the future when the chorus network is smarter the the box-t !