1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chorus mmds advice and help needed please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tw0nk, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tw0nk

tw0nk Member

Thanks westcork, hopefully this will do the trick for me too, so the machine just auto scans all the frequencies? thats brilliant, chorus are doing a free installation option at the moment so thats why im so keen to get it as soon as possible.

2. glic83

glic83 Regular member

ok small bit of mis information there,first off the eurovox tx and the box-t will both do the same job and both give you all the channels but the only difference is the eurovox tx is a couple of quid dearer,chorus dont move frequencies that often from time to time they move a bunch of channels from 1 transponder to another,they do however change they keys and when you get the message updating thats when chorus change the keys and then the emu (this is what decodes the picture) gets the news keys and you are back in business,there will be a time in the future when they go down and its when chorus change to nagra 2 although hopefully the rev they use will be hacked fairly quickly and it should just be a matter of an update

3. erukus

erukus Member

ok so what is the best box to have to overcome this predicted tightening of security maybe a dreambox or are these plug and play boxes capable of reciveing the necessary software to overcome this predicted hiccup?

4. glic83

glic83 Regular member

any of the plug and play boxes will do fine for the mo id only suggest dreambox for the more experienced user and you would probably only get it if you want to do a bit more than just watch tv,you cant do anything bout nagra 2 till it arrives so enjoy the ride,my suggestion would be the box-t reason being its the cheapest and will do the exact same job as the rest of them

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  5. tw0nk

tw0nk Member

heyas, anyone have a working link to the transponder file for progdvb? thanks.

6. mullgan

mullgan Member

Hi All,

I just bought a dreambox 600T. I have flashed it with the gemini image. I scanned and I can watch RTE1 without any problems but the rest are scrambled. I have ftp'd the SoftCam.Key file (with correct cases) into /var/keys containing the latest codes (tested on the freecom dvb-t stick). Should it work at that or is something else that I need to install on the box?

thanks for your help.

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You need an installed emu and the thing should be enabled in the blue button menu.

8. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

hi does anyone know if MUTV and the adult channel should work in chorus MMDS in the midlands as i do not have these with eurovox tx.
    thx

9. erukus

erukus Member

Hi does anyone know if i have a chor*s aerial can i split the cable to run two boxes i.e. can i have two seperate boxes running from the one aerial also I intended to use theboxT

10. ftm2008

ftm2008 Member

new to this forum so hi ... u can split the cable to run 2 boxes ..will need a f-splitter but it must have power pass or will now work ,, then take the cable going into your box and use this as input to d splitter, then u can run cables from this to 2 boxes, any questions pm me

11. mullgan

mullgan Member

Hi All.. I really need your help and hopefully other people are having the same issue. I started using my dreambox with ch*r*s about a month ago... Got the codes and everything worked perfectly... Last Thursday Channels started dissappearing on me. I assumed it was because the codes had changed. I went online and found codes with a last roll of 13th of June so I thought these would do. The 00 code was the same but the 01 had changed. I added these to my Softcam.Key file but no luck. I also tried adding them to vplugin within progdvb with my freecom usb stick and still no luck... Have Chorus changed the way they scramble channels or have i the wrong codes??

Any help would be appreciated.

12. erukus

erukus Member

I hope this is not true I just bought 5 thebox-T cost me 500euro today.

13. hillman40

hillman40 Member

14. erukus

erukus Member

Hi

Can anyone tell me what frequency Chorus is on? I am looking at buying an aerial and need to know what gain I need and what frequency range aerial I should go for. I am in Kerry and about 15 miles from the transmitter. Thanks

15. glic83

glic83 Regular member

depends what box you are planning to use mate,if its the box-t or eurovox or dreambox 600 an if214 or 222 so do the job but if its a clone 500t you will need an if 622 to get all the channels

16. erukus

erukus Member

Gain options: 37dB
    Input frequency: 2500~2686MHz
    Output frequency: 662MHz- 848MHz
    Gain stability over temp.: ±2dB
    Gain flatness: +/-0.1dB@6MHz
    Noise figure: 2.5dB±0.5dB
    VSWR: 1.5:1
    LO frequency: 1,838MHz

This is the spec of what i am looking at and I intend to use thebox-T. Is this aerial compatible? Thanks

17. erukus

erukus Member

Hi

Can anyone help me please. I have chorus basic subs and bought a box-T when i do automatic scan it fails 100% It searches through frequencies 218,000 to 378,000 I am in Co.Kerry. I have aerial on roof! If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful Thanks

18. erukus

erukus Member

The box has the software dated dec 2007. I think westcork was talking about changing this software to an earlier version. Maybe this is what I need to do? I cant pm anyone for some reason could really do with some help Cheers

19. erukus

erukus Member

hi

i have an issue where i install the box-t and first time it always finds
    124 programs if i have to rescan for channels it only finds 93 programs.
    i have tried factory resetting and its the same only finds 93 channels i have installed a few boxes and always the same problem anyone have any ideas?

20. hillman40

hillman40 Member

Have you tried scanning at off-peak times? Also wondering what channels you are missing as I have around 93 as do others i know!