1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chorus mmds advice and help needed please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tw0nk, Aug 27, 2007.

1. erukus

erukus Member

When you say off-peak times do you mean after 12 at night or something similar. The answer is no i havent would this have an effect?

2. rickrust

rickrust Member

Hi all have being messing around with the dreambox for a long time 500t all most killed my self,all the tecno stuff recked my head, but i got it all i did was download dreamup program,Got the box from a mate down the road from me, pluged it in to an old pc with a nine pin port open up dreamup a box will open click on connect then click back up (open a new folder on your desktop call it what you like)save it to that folder when it is finished plug in your box click on flash get the image from your folder click ok and off you go not sure if i can give you my contact but let me know if you need help

3. erukus

erukus Member

hi rickrurst we are talking about the box-t not the dreambox do you have experience with the box-t that may help me with the issue of always recieving less programs the second time i scan?

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There are simply not more channels available via mmds.
    Maybe you get sometimes dublicate channels at a scan.

5. glic83

glic83 Regular member

if you are getting less channels than you should you need to flash the box again with the firmare for the box-t

6. erukus

erukus Member

Can u or anyone provide me with the name of or a link to the firmware? Also can i use dreamup to flash?

7. glic83

glic83 Regular member

no you cant use dream up for the box-t it uses a different program try the bigmaq toolbar or try a search on this forum im sure i saw links for downloads

8. bakerboyz

bakerboyz Guest

would it be that fact that you get 124 services of which 93 is tv and the rest is radio? so if you have 93 tv stations there is no more available i,m afraid m8.

9. erukus

erukus Member

no i dont think that is it it says 124 programs and then 93 programs i will do some more research and see if i can find if the initial installation which finds 124 programs has any chaanels doubled up thanks

10. glic83

glic83 Regular member

when you do a scan with the firmware thatcomes with the box you get the124 channels when you re scan the box at a different location you get the channels twice so you did a factory reset and then it only picks up 93 services yeah?you need to reflash with the latest firmware

11. rickrust

rickrust Member

Sorry friend not sure about the t box hard enough to get my head around the dream box, but my one is up and running with all the channels,the only problim is the kids !! that diseny channel, so might have to buy second box

12. glic83

glic83 Regular member

why cant you get the disney channel?have you got it on another box in the same house what box and image are you using and is it the only channel that is missing?

13. erukus

erukus Member

i think what he is saying is the kids are always watching the disney channel and therefore he may need to get another box for himself!

14. rickrust

rickrust Member

Hi have all channells disney as well just that the kids are all the time watching it,I have the dreambox 500c will not work in kilkenny but i think it works in cork dublin waterford i have one if any body is looking for it 087 9581605

15. mullgan

mullgan Member

Hi.. I have a dreambox 600PVR with gemini 4.5. I am using MGCAMD 1.30 and latest nagrarom7.bin file. Everything was working fine until about a month ago ... since then about every 15 minutes(although it may work for hours without a problem) the screen freezes for approx 10 seconds.??. Anyone know why this freezes. Not sure whether it's a ch**us signal problem?. It's very annoying. Maybe somebody has a solution.?

16. glic83

glic83 Regular member

whats you signal and ber etc

17. mullgan

mullgan Member

SNR : 99%
    AGC : 55%
    BER : 0

18. glic83

glic83 Regular member

and when it freezes does it go down or does it remain the same levels?might be no harm toload the rom 10 and 11 and maybe a rescan just in case stuff has moved slightly

19. mullgan

mullgan Member

everything remains at the same levels.

This started happening before the rom changes were made??? Do I need to load back on 10 and 11?. It was recommended to remove them after installing the new rom7.

20. glic83

glic83 Regular member

well im on the 500t but have all 3 roms loaded and have no troubles you could back up ur image and try a different 1 or try changing the cam,what cam are you using as a matter of interest?