1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chorus & NTL changing boxes?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by phester, Apr 11, 2007.

1. phester

phester Member

In cork they are just phasing out the old analogue cable jerrold boxes.

Although they have sent me a letter that this is our new service
    go and sine up for it. then at the end of the letter, current analog will be turned off end of May.

I have been reading rumours that Chorus and NTL are testing new boxes for thier PVR (SKY+) like service as well as adding lots of more channels.

My question is will they be changing the encryption method for all this. maybe rooling out new cards (nagravison2)

or will the current Dbox DMbox keep on working with a bit of TLC.

I am guessing that most Nagravision2 methods are even hacked at this stage. Hopefully we wont all need to buy new boxes.

Around the world Opus and other such suppliers are all working with DM500 IMO.

Any thoughts or information?

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The are plans to switch off analogue mmds and use the free space for additional digital channels via ex Chorus mmds.
    Maybe that affect also ex chorus cable networks and analogue will be switched off there too.
    The new boxes are receivers with hard disk. Customers who like such a service can order a box and have to pay an additional fee like the V+ subscribtion for Virgin media.
    The question about a change of the decoding system depends if there is money left offer to pay for such a move.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007