1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Countdown

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by tucker001, Oct 11, 2006.

1. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

2. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

Woo!! I love x-mas, opening those boxes with my new Guild Wars Nightfall.. Just can't wait!!
    Hers my x-mas list lol..
    1)Guild Wars Nightfall
    2)I want a MP3 more than a XBox skin lol.. My ipod is a POS...
    3)DVD Burner
    4)I don't want this, I need it!! Well, I do want it..
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2201323&Sku=P450-8622
    5)Some Playboys..j/k lol, but I would like some :p

Thats about it, I know it's not much, but there isnt much out this year that i'm interested in...
    If I find some other things, ill edit it, and put them up lol.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  3. emachine

emachine Guest

Yeah this is good idea, we should make this the christmas wish list thread.

1.Your mom
    2. Your sister
    3. You brother <-say watttttttt

1. NEW PC
    2. Games
    3. Dirtbike gear.

4. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

Lol, for your sig, at the end just put in [/img] thats why its all messed prolly, and if you still can't get it to work, then ill host it on photobucket and get you the right URL..

EDIT: You have the [/url] thing in there, well try taking caps off the thing then, or ill host it on Photobucket for you.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  5. emachine

emachine Guest

Yeah just needed to make the [​IMG]

6. ireland

ireland Active member

i am going to post this early....i always use this for my grand-childrem and close friends
    so remember to come back and get it..b-4 christmas..

[​IMG]

Track Santa's Path With Technology

go here to track santa
    http://www.noradsanta.org/index.php

Vonage Web phone users can call for progress; NORAD activates its Santa radar.

Robert McMillan, IDG News Service
    Friday, December 23, 2005

For little ones who simply have to know what Saint Nick is up to, electronic gadgets offer easy access to a peek at the red-suited one's whereabouts. This year, Web phone service Vonage joins online resources that follow the path of Santa as Christmas nears.

Speed-Dial for Santa

Advertisement

Vonage has launched a free Santa Claus tracking service that can be used by its Internet telephony subscribers. Beginning Friday, Vonage customers--or their children--can get updates as to Santa's whereabouts by pressing *101 from any Vonage line.

As of Friday morning, Santa was preparing for the big trip, said Mitchell Slepian, a Vonage spokesperson. "They're loading the sled up and the reindeer are being fed with reindeer food," he said. "They're going to be going all over the world."

Over the past week, about 100,000 children have used Vonage to call Santa and leave messages on the same *101 line, Slepian said. Ten of those children, drawn at random, are actually going to get their Christmas wishes, compliments of the Internet telephone company, she said.

That's a respectable number of messages, given that Vonage has around 1 million subscribers in the U.S., Canada and the U.K., according to the company. The service is available to customers in the U.S. and Canada, Slepian said.

Alternate Track

For those still on the public switched telephone network, there's always the venerable Santa tracker

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/default.php

supplied by North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), which has now been in operation for 50 Christmases.

NORAD's Santa-tracking services have been available online for several years.

http://pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,113903,00.asp

It was originally a telephone service, since the military department that watches the skies seemed a logical place to get information on Santa's progress.

Volunteers will answer calls about Santa's whereabouts from 9 a.m. GMT December. 24 to 9 a.m. GMT December 25 at 1-877-446-6723, which is a toll-free call in the United States.

Other holiday resources are also available online.

http://pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,124076,00.asp

go here to track santa
    http://www.noradsanta.org/index.php

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  7. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

1.i want another xbox360
    2.and also the white psp
    3.and if theres some change left a laptop...lol

8. emachine

emachine Guest

See I also want a 360 but I might just get all my christmas stuff on ebay after christmas.

9. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

Geez Pan5y you get it all don't you? Lol.
    My parents spend $300 on me and my sisters, so I get the average amount of presents for a kid with silbings..

Lol, no problem
    LET'S KEEP THIS ALIVE!!

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Well, Christmas sure seems to come earlier and earlier each and every year! I walked into a K-Fart about two weeks ago and the Christmas stuff was everywhere. I don't think I've ever seen so much of it nor do I think I've ever seen it so damned soon; that had to be the first week of October! Then, a couple of nights ago, I was looking out my living room window and the apartment building next to mine must have had six or seven apartments already all decorated. It seems a lot of people get burnt out with Christmas really soon; it's got to be because, in an effort to make more money, retailers start sooner and sooner.

And now, a brief little story about Gerry1's seriously cheap Dad. Way back before the flood, Gerry1 was a boy scout and to make money, we'd sell christmas trees every year. Some trees were absolutely beautiful and we'd price them according to size and fullness but this was before the advent (yuk-yuk) of manipulating the gene pool so, like their human counterparts, christmas trees ran the lot ... full and beautiful trees to the scrawny ugly things. We would seperate the absolute worst of them and sell them for a buck...people would chop off the branches to make wreathes and other decorations. Dad would wait until three or four days before Christmas when the $1.00 nasty crooked sparse and ugly trees got reduced to fifty cents. He would buy four or five of them, choose the straightest, drill holes and insert the branches from the other trees. In short, he made them look like the fullest and most expensive trees. They were beautiful and you couldn't tell them apart once decorated. The trick to it was to put it up a couple of days before and take it down a day or two later. That's about how long it took for the tree to turn this copper color and for all the needles to fall off.

11. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

my list

1. Video iPod 30gb- or 80 gb White i hate the black one
    2. AnyDVD license
    3. NBA Live 2007 PS2/ or PC edition
    4. NCAA March Madness 2007 PS2
    5. New ps2 controllers
    6. Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift DVD
    7. 120 gb external harddrive
    8. POTC Dead Mans Chest, Superman Returns, Underworld Evolution, DVDs

12. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

well my parents only give me $800 for presents and i work for the rest..im trying to buy a new car by christmas

:)

13. emachine

emachine Guest

800 is pretty decent

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

[bold]ONLY $800[/bold]

Damn, not bad at all! This discussion seems a bit mercinary though but I won't get on the soap box as I'm sure I was the same way; just human nature methinks.

15. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

well last year i spent $2000 on christmas light $200 on a good christams tree..just myself $3000 for christmas prsents for my family thats $5200.on christmas..plus my family thats over $10,000
    heres a pic of my house last year
    [​IMG]

:) i cant wait for CHRISTMAS

16. ireland

ireland Active member

PIX OF MY HOUSE,HAD TO USE CANDLES..
    got a bar of soap for xmas.....
    can not wait for xmas so i can get a new bar of soap..this year i asked for a bar of grannys lye soap..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. emachine

emachine Guest

Dude don't take pics of my house and put them on the net!

18. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

i like irelands house lol...

:)

19. k2skatn

k2skatn Regular member

Ya nice and classy, I think his only lightings will be candles lol.

20. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

i luv being at my step-great grandparents house around christmas time because my step great grandfather always puts on his santa suit. He is really a spitting image of saint nick he has a real long white beardm, with glasses, and the santa type of body, it is so cute watching all the younger kids in my family think he is really santa claus.