1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tali1, May 17, 2020.

1. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

In trying to determine the cause of the problem, I suggest not starting Chrome and do things or let it set for an hour without anything going on to see if the problem occurs.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You have a persistent problem that is not going to go away with a quick fix. You need to isolate the issue by removing reoccurring variables such as Chrome. If the problem only happens with Chrome, then uninstall it and leave it uninstalled, and use Firefox instead. You can save all your bookmarks and settings and transfer them to another browser. If your system also experiences the same problem with Firefox, then Chrome isn't as I suspect, the issue. Then try reinstalling Windows, and if the problem reoccurs with a clean install, then we can say with a degree of certainty that you have a hardware problem which is what I've suspected from the start. The problem is that if your computer crashes often enough then Windows will become corrupted and require a refresh.