1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ciname Craft Encoder question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nnyan, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Nnyan

Nnyan Member

Hello everyone,

Used a guide over at DOOM9 and I got my file converted to a .m2v file. Everything seemed great until I tried to author it using TMPGEnc Author. I got two errors.

One was about the video resolution (512*256) not being valid.

Second one was about framerate (23.976) not being valid.

The guide pointed out how to change the Framerate problem using Pulldown. Using that I got rid of the framerate issue but I still got the resolution problem.

What do I need to do to change the resolution on this so I can author it? I've been using TMPGEnc with good results but even on a higher end PC it just takes too long.

Appreciate all the help.

2. Manngo

Manngo Member

Which guide?
    How did you convert?
    I suppose U did not resized your video. It should be done during encoding. Sorry to say, you have to encode again and resize. If you are a newbie to all these, it is a horrible work to learn.
    So resizing:
    The most professional way (and you should choose this) is frameserving. This method lets you to modify (eg. resize) the video stream during playback. The best program for it is avisynth. Free and downloadable. It is still under development (see the development forum in Doom9) and it is the most powerfull frameserving app nowdays.
    The most complicated task is the resizing calculation to preserve the correct AR in your DVD. There is a program called DVD2SVCD that automatizes this process using avisynth and CCE. It also works in AVI2DVD mode. I suggest you to try it. It is also developped by Doom9 and there is a forum and a FAQ about it there.

Manngo