1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ciniva warning

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by durkinjt, Jan 6, 2016.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Just got a ciniva message on a dvd, is there any solution? Had them in the past on blu-ray, first time on dvd. T.I.A.

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

That's because it's a pirated copy...... :rolleyes:

Google says:
    Cinavia's anti-piracy technology has been a thorn in the side of many file-sharers, who are unable to play pirated files on their DVD-players without being interrupted by a warning message.

Cinavia has been hailed as an unbeatable anti-piracy technology and up until today it was impossible to crack through a simple software solution. However, after several years DVD-Ranger has now solved the puzzle.

3. attar

attar Senior member

I wouldn't touch that solution.
    There is a clear inference in this link that their 'database' consists of copyright material (doctored audio tracks) that would be a clear infringement of the holders rights if downloaded - the legality of ripping your purchased media being a side issue.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/362806-A-new-version-of-DVDRanger-CinEx-HD-that-is-a-scam

A simpler solution to my mind would be to either play the ripped disk on a PC or a media player (WDTV is supposed to ignore it too).

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

LOL me either, attar. You notice I said that google says and didn't say that I agree. :cool:
    I just knew one of you really sharp guys would chime in. It's hard to watch someone 'pee on the electric fence'. :oops:

5. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

I have a DvdRanger Lic. and have used it in the past for blu-ray this occured on a dvd disk.

6. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Only is utilized on BLU-Ray players made after 2012, will work on a non Blu-Ray or any made previous to 2012. I just would like to know if any solutions are available, I have a Lic. for DVDRanger that deals with Cinavia in BlU-RAY but cannot get it to work on dvd.

7. Ron732

Ron732 Member

DVD Fab solved the problem but it is cheaper and easier just to use an older player or watch on your computer. I bought a new Blu-Ray player a couple of years ago and returned it after I got the Ciniva message. Actually I think this stupid copy protection has stopped many people from buying new players and hurt the Electronic Industry. This is also why I sold my PS3 and will not buy a PS4. They can keep their crap !

8. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Ranger has a solution now for DVD, but for only main movie, have not yet tried it. But yes better to use an older player

9. enginman

enginman Member

Can you expand on what you mean by "DVDFab solved the problem? I just ran across this issue for the first time when watching a backup of one of my movies. It was ripped using an older version of DVDFab (last updated in december/15) and at the 10 minute mark I got the message. Is the fix included in the "free" version or only the paid version?

Thanks

EM

10. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

It is not available in the free version, try DVD Ranger, worked for me , also not free, but the cheapest alternative I know of.

11. enginman

enginman Member

Thank you!