1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clandestine alliance formed by seven major companies to create hybrid Blueray/HD-DVD player.

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by madamX, Jul 6, 2006.

1. madamX

madamX Member

Currently scheduled for an early 2009 release, the BHD-3122 (a Blueray/HD-DVD crossbreed) has already been prototyped and is expected to put an end to the current format war between the two conflicting technologies. Seven major corporations have collaborated on sharing known technology and have postponed the public release date of the product in a calculated strategy to target consumers. By keeping the BHD-3122 off the market for nearly another three years consumers are forced to choose between either HD-DVD technology or the latter, only to be introduced to the BHD-3122 and it's superior advances just a few short years later.

Like the economy itself, war is good. The seven corporations stand to gross over $750 million dollars (on Blueray & HD-DVD players, products and accessories alone) in between the time of now and April of 2009, with the bulk of purchases coming from Japanese & North American clientele. The prearranged format war has been dubbed the "new millenium extortion strategy" or the NMES (pronounced ENEMIES; since the seven companies must appear as public rivals) by the small number of conscious insiders.

2. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Link?

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What? Where can I read your source?

Ced

4. madamX

madamX Member

As of Tuesday , July 4th 2006 several unnamed independent websites have been forced to remove information regarding the BHD-3122, the hybrid DVD player that utilizes cutting edge technology to read both Blue-Ray and HD-DVD formatted discs. Still in the prototype stage of development, the BHD-3122 is expected to make it’s first public appearance by late March of 2009.
    Information regarding the BHD-3122 has been erased form websites by the demand of companies developing the technology. Further, the same corporations have threatened legal retaliation to anyone posting technical information regarding the BHD-3122. Inside sources say that because of the information leak, concerning the BHD-3122, certain corporations stand to loose millions of dollars from potential customers.
    “The public wasn’t supposed to know about this for years.” said one inside source. “Certain people are very angry because now instead of having to choose between one format player or the other, people can just wait a few years and have both.”
    Shrouded in mystery the BHD-3122 still continues to intrigue electronic consumers around the globe. The accused companies have refused to comment on the situation and still have yet to confirm or deny the technology even exists.
    “Of course it exists.” said another insider. “If it didn’t why the hell are they threatening legal action against people for even mentioning it, why are they bullying websites into removing any info regarding it?”
    The NMES (pronounced “enemies”) conspiracy theory is yet another contributing factor in the ongoing format war. A supposed seven companies have all formed a coalition to coax electronic consumers into a spending frenzy. By withholding the model BHD-3122 until 2009 corporations stand to flourish tremendously on the current format war that has only just begun.
    Both Blue-Ray and HD-DVD technology are currently on the electronic market for consumers to purchase. Although still separate by format, they both seem to be selling at an astonishing rate.
    Only time will tell if the model BHD-3122 has been developed and is awaiting a 2009 shipping date…and only time will tell whether the general public has been deceived by the corporate empire yet once again.

5. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

Tell that to Samsung. My local BB has 4 BDP-1000 units unsold and 2 open box units also unsold. The Toshiba is out of stock. Reports from AVS forum members show a similar trend in most retailers.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=695162

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2006
  6. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

LOL you couldnt even give away blu-ray players. Also How much would this thing cost like 4 grand please give me break one or both of these will fail and fail miserable.

7. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

There is not going to be a universal player.
    Ever.
    Sony will not license such a beast, and it is against the Blu Ray licensing agreement.

Don't believe everything you read online - 90% of it is BS.

8. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Of course this is conspiracy BS; what WILL happen, in 5-6 years, perhaps a few more, is that manufacturers are going to adopt a holographic disc format like HVD, which is being standardized now. The draw will be that, with HVD, you can fit, hi-def multiple movies or TV series onto one disc or have full-length, high-def movies small enough to easily fit inside an device smaller than an iPod.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  9. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

Dunker I think your correct just it will be longer then 5 years. I remember some idiot at imdb.com was spouting about how a 14 disk box of Superman movies and extra would fit on one blu-ray disc. First of all the mpeg format is old and bloated. I still I have no clue why x264 and VC-1 are no being used. Anyhow there also the problem with uncompress audio eating up disc space. Not mention that the film will be alot bigger then there DVD counterparts do get into the HD realm.

10. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2006
  11. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

Thanks for the post madamX.
    Some Korean company had a link on Afterdawn a few weeks back. They have a laser that can write 200GB of data to a better-than-BLU-Ray DVD. Plus, they developed an encryption tech that supposedly is 512-bit and unbreakable. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_disk

yeah, BLU-Ray will be shorter lived that I thought.

12. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

wilkes
    ..sony dose not OWN BR.....they are merely part of it....

xhardc0re
    BR is having trouble but theya re far from dead and both formats want to drag this "war" out for 4 or 5 years,I dont see BR going away anytime soon,and if they can get to the 100GB a disc they claim (which I doubt) and do it before HD can get a better footing,BR might win.

there are just to many unknowns to call it one way or another and if dual format players writers come out of the shadows things will get even more interesting.

13. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

so...their strategy all along was to have a format war (always good for free press), then turn around & introduce a hybrid disk. Sneaky.

Too bad xhardc0re has no damn use for their BLU-Ray, HD-DVD, DRM or any of that other sh*t. I'm just fine with a nice [bold]totally legal[/bold] DVD collection. Which I will keep watching right on through 2009...tough luck M.A.F.I.A.A.

14. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

xhardc0re

Well if BR can be soemthign like 5$ per 100GB blank disc SIGN ME UP,that is the potential I am wanting on but its going to be awhile befor I update my collection to a new format :3

Besides DVD is just as DRM'd but DVD will be around anther 10 years so theres no rush,unless the corporations start forcing their content onto BR/HD only..