1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic 80's cartoons

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by SabreLord, Sep 29, 2003.

1. cuzzy

cuzzy Member

"Once Apon A Time.... Man" 1978
    (French: Il était une fois l'homme)
    The opening sequnce rocked:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8_pM_JdgkE

2. zmudek7

zmudek7 Member

cuzzy!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!
    This is it. I've been trying to find this for years.....
    Thanks a lot!

3. decorus

decorus Member

here are some of your missing cartoons

69. try acme or warner brothers
    75. dexter's laboratory
    80. huckleberry hound

hope that helps

4. gorric

gorric Guest

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me to remember a cartoon I use to watch when I was a kid.

It was a cartoon similar to Thundarr the barbarian, it had a superhero who i'm sure was blonde and went about with a girl helping him. It was only both of them and there were always 2 midget gnome like creatures always trying to help the bad guys.

I remember in one episode there was an old witch who mesmerised the girl and stole her youth before the hero and this mysterious knight helped to save her! Anyone have any idea what it might be?

5. shlzy4u

shlzy4u Member

wots up peps.does ne body remember an 80's cartoon about rolling robot heads, dats all i can really remember about it. its the only 1 to give me troubles. i got all the classics like, mysterious cities of gold, dungeons & dragons, visionaries, ulysses 31, mask, he man etc on copied dvd. for the life of me i cant remember this one. i need 2 know it so i can add it to my collection of 80's cartoons. i've got a crazy brother-inlaw who can sum how find all the old cartoons, even if der video quality. he's got most of the 1's every1's mentioned.

6. shlzy4u

shlzy4u Member

got it, i think it was terrahawks. 99% sure.

7. Titan2k

Titan2k Member

hey all

maybe you can help me... ive been tryin to think of a cartoon that i used to watch when i was little and for the life of me cant remember the name... im pretty sure it was 80s but might be early 90s

the show is about these robots... all of them look like trash cans on wheels and have dome heads... if i remember right each has a speacial weapon that they use and had like a racing stripe painted down the front... the baddies were pretty much the same... just evil and there were... i believe... 2 human kids that teamed up with the good guys... when things got really tough they jumped into this big tank vehicle that looked like R2D2 being shoved into the star wars fighters...

lol... hope this helps

favorite 80s shows...
    Transformers
    Voltron
    Dinosaucers
    Go Bots
    He-Man
    Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors
    M.A.S.K.
    Centurions
    Visionaries
    Dino Riders

8. Titan2k

Titan2k Member

heres another one thats been buggin me

theres a movie from the 80s that i loved

a family of explorers end up in a prehistoric land...
    the dinosaurs and environment are done in a claymation/stopmotion style animation while the family is drawn in cartoon animation...
    they drive in a red and white all-terrain RV with a picture of a brontosaurus on a large wheel set on the side of the RV

can anyone help me find the name ofthis movie?

thanks for your help

9. kaddursal

kaddursal Guest

I have two new 80's cartoon petition here. One is to get a new Inhumanoids cartoon show, and to get Super Sunday on DVD (Jem, Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines, Robotix, Inhumanoids). And the other, is to get two new cartoon shows of Robotix, and Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines. Please sign these petitions:

NEW INHUMANOIDS CARTOON TV SERIES & SUPER SUNDAY ON DVD WITH ITS COMMERCIAL BUMPERS DVD RELEASE PETITION:

http://www.petitiononline.com/metlar/petition.html

ROBOTIX & BIGFOOT AND THE MUSCLE MACHINES ADDITIONAL CARTOON TV SERIES' PETITION:

http://www.petitiononline.com/robbig/petition.html

10. retro78

retro78 Member

hey Titan2K ,

do you mean callange if the go bots ?

[​IMG]

11. Titan2k

Titan2k Member

no... in this one they all had cylindrical bodies, domed heads and wheels for feet... like big trash cans

12. kaddursal

kaddursal Guest

I have a new 80's cartoon petition here. It's to get a new Inhumanoids cartoon show, and to get Super Sunday on DVD (Jem, Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines, Robotix, Inhumanoids). Please sign this petition:

NEW INHUMANOIDS CARTOON TV SERIES & SUPER SUNDAY ON DVD WITH ITS COMMERCIAL BUMPERS DVD RELEASE PETITION:

http://www.petitiononline.com/metlar/petition.html

13. jonnysmig

jonnysmig Member

I can remember this one and can even see a picture of it with 2 of the "robots" moving with one of the kids riding on the back of them both.

This is going to do my head in

and yes what you described befor ein 100% terrahawks

14. Skategirl

Skategirl Member

I've not thought about all these programmes for years - Happy memories!!

15. biggyjone

biggyjone Member

ok, i was a zombie in front of the big channels for saturday morning cartoons. there is one i cannot remember that was probably cancelled quickly.

it seemed like claymation or computer graphics, near mid 80's ('84-'87) and had a guy with a black sports car (kind of like knight rider)that would speed around in another world. there were also these black blocks that I remember. the blocks may have been bad for some reason.

maybe my mom was giving me acid in my frosted flakes. does anyone remember this type of show???

16. hack4life

hack4life Regular member

one of the best classic cartoons was SPEED RACER!! best show ever!!! GO SPEED RACER, GO SPEED RACER, GO SPEED RACER, GO!!! sorry about the bunch of caps moderators. im just a HUGE fan of speed racer. if i could, id buy out the company that makes speed racer toys. if u asked me what i would do with a billion dollars, i would say i would buy all the speed racer toys in the world!! too bad i was born in 1992. the show was only on until about the year 1999. wahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! i want to see speed racer. (im crying right now...mentally...) (the new animated series sucks though. can't beat the classics!!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  17. skylinegt

skylinegt Guest

dos anyone remember a cartoon called "Adventures of the galaxy rangers"

here's the opening theme....written of course..it's also on you tube search for it on u tube and you'll get it..sorry i couldnt provide a web link for u guys

Opening theme

in 2086 two peceful aliens journey to earth seeking our help. in return, they gave us the plans for our first hyper drive allowing mankind to open the doors to the stars.
    We have asembled a team of unique individuals to protect earth and our allies courageous pioneers committed to the highest ideals of justice and dedicated to preserving law and order across the new frontier. Theseare the adventures of the galaxy rangers.

the cartoon itself is themed in the distant future and has an old western theme to it and is about these galaxy rangers.

END OF OPENING THEME

they are unique in the sense that they have special abilites.
    these abilites were always there but were amplified by the series 5 brain implant. to activate the series 5 brain implant they had to touch their badges and then the implant goes to work enhancing their abilites that they possess.

see the written excerpt..again sorry for not linking ti to u tube for u so u can see it....

captain fox based on your report the board of leaders has approved your special team of galaxy rangers. Each will utilise the new series 5 brain implant. when charged the micro circuitry in your badge will trigger this implant. each of you has unique abilites will will be amplified in extraordinary ways.

they were a team of 4 rangers

captain foxx: the leader of the special team. during a battle on captain kidd's ship his let side of his body was damages and to save him , it was replaced with robitics.
    his implant turns his robotic arm into a powerful blaster

nikko; already his telekensis and other powers of that sort. her implant boosts that natural ability

doc hartford: computer genuis. his implant allows him to interface with any computer with the help of programs he created called tweakers

shane gooseman: he has internal bio defenses ( only activates itself when already exposed to danger for example gets a cut then he would heal and to prevent other cuts , temporarily turns into metal)
    but his implant allows him to control his internal bio defenses making him nearly invincible

any one remember this cartoon.?

18. sk3tz0

sk3tz0 Guest

hi.. not sure if this tread is still active..

I would like to know the name of a cartoon show that was on during the 80s not sure if it was french or not..

it was about a outline figure that would interact with the animator
    it was normal done in white ink on blue back ground i can always remember the character loosing his cool and the background use to change according to his mood..

thanks..

19. drakken81

drakken81 Member

ok i am new to this but i have been reading i theres a cartoon with a guy or a kid who had a three piece "stick" or something and if you were to put it in the right order it would turn into a boomerang and there were fighting in space i think if some can help its been bugging me , thanks

20. Drskoti

Drskoti Member

Can i get some help please i am looking for granzort subtitle, it is old cartoon that i watch when i was a kid.Can some one please help me

Thanks