1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning audio files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by GuyK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. GuyK

GuyK Member

Hi,

I'm trying to clean a song (the original is wav). There is a lot of noise\hiss\crackle in it and I have no idea how to do it.

I tried Sound Forge's Noise Reduction, Click & Crack Removal and Vinyl Restoration. After using the Vinyl Restoration 4 times the errors are totally gone but the song is not listenable (due to a major loss of audio).

I have uploaded a sample of the song to the following address (it's Liar by Queen): www.unreal.co.il/mp3/liar.mp3

It's a sample from the middle of the song. In the start the song is OK, then there's some little hiss (like you'll hear on the sample) and then it gets really serious.

I'll appreciate any attempts to clean the song and tell me how to do it.

Thanks,

Guy

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Hi. I see no way to get decent results from this source. Probably it would be better and easier to download it from some P2P. Given you own the source there'll be no legal problems BTW.

If you have "the source of the source" (= the source the .wav file was created from, e.g. a vinyl recording), you should try to improve conversion to .wav instead of trying to fix problems later.