1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone a mounted image?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Shoshanna, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Shoshanna

Shoshanna Member

Hey everyone :)

I have been lurking here for a while, but this question has gotten the best of me and my curiosity... I did some extensive searching (this site, others, google...) and maddeningly have found almost nothing on it! :( I have some games in bin/cue format and I was wondering if I could mount them with Daemon Tools and "rip" the mounted image with software like CloneCD, or Alcohol 120 or BlindWrite, and if it would work as a "cloned" image, i.e. one that was ripped from a source CD... Sorry if this question is a bit silly, I actually know it can "rip" the image, I just dont know if it would work, I am still new at all of this, but I am learning;)

2. cdneger

cdneger Member

sorry doublepost :(

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  3. cdneger

cdneger Member

A silly question maybe: can't you just try it? And see for yourself if it does or does not work? Not that I am unwilling to help or anything, but I think it'd be easier to just try! :)

4. Shoshanna

Shoshanna Member

Well... I tried, I -think-, I mounted an image and "ripped" and then used a bwa to patch the file, I then mounted the patched file and it installed fine, but it would NOT run, kept asking for the correct cd or something... :( Maybe I am doing something wrong or I missed a step, btw the game has securom new 4.8 protection if that helps anyone :|

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Ya it does seem kinda silly
    2. Can you run the game fine with Daemon tools using the emulation?
    3. When you went to mount the 2nd image, how did you make the image? I.e., what burning app?

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

This procedure just won't work for SecuROM 4.8.3& up simply because the "image" is "modified" m8 (bwa file). I've had success burning a Safedisc 2.9.x "mounted" image with a "2 sheep burner" burning bin& cue file format. Backup played in my LitOn LTD165H& Toshiba SD-M1502 dvd-roms flawlessly.

Shoey :)