1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone CD Psx HELP!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Oxfordio, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Oxfordio

Oxfordio Member

Okay, I have downloaded (we'll go with one of them, for there have been many that STILL don't work), a copy of Resident Evil 2. For this, it's a .rar file of a standard clone cd image (.sub .img .ccd). I have been trying for 3 straight days now (with this game alone)and have wasted far too many CD-R's, trying to burn it to play on my PS2 V4 with Breaker Pro v1.1 (which works for other games I have downloaded and burned). It seems this only ever happens when the file downloaded is in Clone CD format. Thus far I have scanned it with CDMage, finding no corruption, and have tried burning it in many many different forms:

Clone Cd--
    1.)Opening the .img file, burned on 1x
    2.)Opening the .ccd file, burned on 1x on the settings of both "Game Cd" and "Data CD"

Alcohol 120%--
    1.)Mounting onto a Virtual Drive and..
    a.)Copying from Virtual Drive F to CdWriter D using CloneCD, CDRwin, and Nero
    b.)Creating an .iso in WinISO and burning to a normal Data CD in Nero (usually works for non .ccd games)
    c.)Extracting (image, content, and individual files all tried) in ISObuster
    d.)Copying the files straight from the virtual drive to my hard drive as normal data files and burning as a Data CD
    e.)Using the Alcohol Image Making Wizard to make a file from the Virtual Drive
    2.)Using the Image Burning Wizard to straight up burn the .ccd file using the Datatypes of Playstation (using DAO/SAO,RAW DAO, RAW SAO, TAO) Playstation 2, Normal CD, Safedisc, Safedisc 2/3, and Laserlock

With most of these methods, Breaker Pro gets to the "Insert game CD and press any button to boot." "Booting CD..." screen, and stops there, though the disc continues to spin. The only different one, was extracting the content from ISObuster, and burning it in Nero to a Data CD, in which it would get past the afore mentioned screen, and would go to a blank black screen, usually which would be followed by the game starting with other burned games, but in this case, doesn't go anywhere from the blank black screen.

If someone could help me with this problem, or offer any other solutions, I would be so very very appreciative, as this is something that's been bothering the living hell out of me for days now, and taken a hearty dent out of my latest spindel of CD-R's.

Thanks in advance
    -Ox

2. Oxfordio

Oxfordio Member

And for the record, yes, I have read all the associated threads I could find within these forums, multiple times.

-Ox

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

YER A [​IMG] EH

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005