1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone dvd fuzzy movies

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by cme2221, Jan 12, 2007.

1. cme2221

cme2221 Member

I am using Clone DVD, I purchased the program and I am now noticing that the movies will go in and out of fuzziness. The lighting and colors will be bright at one second and go fuzzy the next. How can I fix this without purchasing another program?! Thanks for the help

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Are you using compression, and, if so, how much? Or is this happening on uncompressed, 1:1 copies as well?

3. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Good Question Dunker,
    I can tell you cme2221 for sure that too much compression can & will cause problems with playback quality. Generally, I try not to go more than 30% compression. (70% quality in CloneDVD 2.) Media & burn speed can also affect the playback quality. Use quallity media like Verbatim, and burn at 1/2 the media's rated speed or 4x whichever is applicable for the burner.
    Try changing the writing speed in CloneDVD 2, the default speed is Maximum, this is not best. Use the drop down box & change the speed to what you need. Not sure? Use 4x.

4. elby

elby Member

What CloneDVD did you purchase (version)?