1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clone dvd locks up

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by akauk, Mar 15, 2004.

1. akauk

akauk Member

i have a prob where clone dvd will lock up as it is in the trancoding stage, it locks up at about 30% sometimes 50% or a little higher, it will either reboot my pc or lock it totaly out ime runing any dvd along side with it and have the latest versions of both! i have also tryed a couple more dvd proggys...> dvd shrink,dvd cloner,and both do the same as what clone dvd does reboot or lock out my system? anyone have any ideas?

thanks for any help!!!

ime a noob....

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

All 3 programs can't be bad. It has to be something running in the background that is causing a conflict or using up all your resources when you try to decrypt. Another possibility, if they all act up while trying to decrypt the SAME movie, I would take a close look at the original for dirt, smudges, or damage.

Jerry

3. akauk

akauk Member

just copied a movie with no probs at all 3rd try! must not of liked the other 2 movies i tryed to copy? is this common with dvd copy proggys? that some films just wont copy?

thanks

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You might find a few movies that can be a problem. If one ripper like Shrink has a problem, you can usually try another ripper like Decrypter to do it. If 2 different programs have a problem with a certain movie, I would look close at the original for damage or dirt.
    The more difficult movies seem to be Disney for some reason. It seems to be the way Disney lays out the DVD.

Jerry

5. akauk

akauk Member

thanks for the reply

cheers....