1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneCD 5.2.0.0

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by avoidz, Apr 20, 2005.

1. avoidz

avoidz Member

After installing the latest CloneCD 5.2.0.0 I tried to backup a CD, only for the program to say my LITE-ON LTR-40125S doesn't support the current Fast Error Skipping settings in use by CloneCD.

Does this essentially mean my CD burner is no longer supported in this and later version of Clone?

Bummer if it this is true :/

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I imagine your drive is still supported, you just won't be able to use the fast error skip feature in the new Clone.

3. avoidz

avoidz Member

Thanks, that's what I thought. Not much use to me, then. I've gone back to 5.1.0.0 which works fine.

4. Nephilim

I would've done the same ;)

5. LadyVee

LadyVee Member

Ok, I am SOO new to this, I recently purchased CloneDVD, AnyDVD and CloneCD. I am having a bit of confusion, somein under DVD forums gave me a Step By Step Link on how to use CloneDVD, and it helped me TONS on understanding it like the newbie that I am.

I am wondering if anyone has a link to using step by step CloneCD b/c I am having troubles using it & understaing it.
    Can some1 please help me???

Thk you ~V~

6. Nephilim

Welcome to AfterDawn LadyVee :)

I'm not aware of any step by step guides for CloneCD but we can help you here if you wish.

CloneCD is for backing up protected PC games so in order to get you started using it we need to know a couple things - what game are you wanting to back up and what make/model burner are you using?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  7. ladyfae

ladyfae Member

Hello, I am having a bit of trouble backing up my pc games ex. midnight run 2 and max payne 2. Im using a hp dvd writer 630c, I also have the programs alcohol 120%, clone cd and blindwrite 5, It copies but it doesnt play at at all. Can someone help me plz, thx in advance.

8. ladyfae

ladyfae Member

Hello, I am having a bit of trouble backing up my pc games ex. midnight run 2 and max payne 2. Im using a hp dvd writer 630c, I also have the programs alcohol 120%, clone cd and blindwrite 5, It copies but it doesnt play at at all. Can someone help me plz, thx in advance.

9. Nephilim

Hello ladyfae and welcome to AfterDawn :)

My first impression from your post is that your burner isn't able to reproduce the copy protections on the games accurately enough to pass the verification when you try to run the game. Very few DVD burners are able to copy PC games correctly although you might have a shot using the emulation options that Alcohol 120% offers. Here's a link to some pictures and instructions for A120's emulation options (kindly provided the geestar20),

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157664