1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloned Starview Fix 11/04/2008

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Eric1963, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Yes , use the core257 on a CLONE and you will have the latest AU firmw@re installed

2. gazmc

gazmc Guest

as i cant confirm for definate if my s**v**w is a 1st gen original or a cloned one.can anyone tell me what fix i should use for the firmware i,m running.
    api ver 2.57e_E
    boot ver 7.0
    16 aug 2006

everywhere i look i get more stressed as to what i have.clone/orig.?
    maybe the firmware will help.its been running this for almost a year with no probs till a couple of weeks ago. now the keys have to be manualy applied whenever they are rolled.i just dont wanna brick my machine with the wrong file as i cant get in touch with the guy i bought it from.

3. Cass27

Cass27 Member

I,m trying to flash my starview clone with the new firmware and the file seems to not be downloading. I got the null modem from maplins and the usb converter.The file wont download and its still on 0% for the last 5 minutes. Can someone tell me whats wrong. Thanks in advance

4. Cass27

Cass27 Member

Its ok I finally got the box flashed.I think the usb adaptor is wrong.Its for RS-232 cables is this the wrong type

5. scampers

scampers Member

Hi
    can anyone give me the N*L codes for today

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

To be on the safe side I say put version CryptStar-v1.4-Core257.bin firmware for CLONES on it as it wont do any damage even if its a 1st gen b0x :)

7. eugoflame

eugoflame Member

00 61 f6 0b 92 5d 63 ac f2
    01 5c e9 3b 1a 4f 01 10 ff

8. spacedogg

spacedogg Member

Hi just wondered how you edited the file considering it has checksum value written to it? Which means basically any edits made on the bin not matching the checksum will either fail to flash or return a bad flash??

9. widow99

widow99 Member

10. widow99

widow99 Member

Dont worry about it this site full of good people

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Just to let you know what he is talking about is renaming the file which is quiet easy and it is not editing the file so it will still work so if you have a file named john.bin and you rename it mary.bin the file will still work that is what he is speaking about people editing the v4.00 and making it the v2.57 for clones

and widow have a little respect for the members on here without this site there would be a lot of disappointed people who have got very valuable information from the people who take time to post here and at there own time and expense

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2008
  12. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@widow99
    Post edited - keep the language clean and no insults allowed.
    Take a peek at the rules - link in my sig.

13. thedope

thedope Guest

can anyone help
    put auto roll on my clone it worked for about 4 days and now its dead no lights nothing
    is the box now useless

thanks

14. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

What version of frimware did you put on your box was it the v4.00 400 or was it the v2.57 400 also where did you get the firmware from and yes your box is most likely dead due to the wrong firmware been loaded on to the box

15. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Just to clarify this. I am not talking about renaming the file. If you read my original post carefully, you will see that I said the System Information on the box shows the version as 5.00 and date of 18 Apr 2008. I did in fact edit the code. Other people only change the filename, which any halfwit can do, but if you use a renamed file, people will soon put you right when they ask for the Sys Info off your box.
    The whole point of what I did was to prove that it is possible that someone could edit the code so that clone boxes actually appear to be running clone killing firmware, and therefore looks to be a genuine box.

16. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Eamo, I have seen reports of people selling boxs with changed bin names, to make them look like genuine software, it was a good while back and some one was selling em on fleabay, SV box's with altered firmware to make them look genuine, so you are correct, top tip, just enforces what I always have said, dont download anything unless ya know its from a genuine source as there are downright dirtbags who will con some one into buying something or loading something to there box just for either divilment or to brick there box so it will kick start a buying freenzy.

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thanks for clarifying that so you used a hex editor to edit the file thus being able to change both the date and the version would i be right in saying this ??

18. thedope

thedope Guest

sorry I did not get back sooner cybocop
    here's the roll on I put in my box and its dead

StarView clone Fix v1.4

Fix by : SunRise

19. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Which leads to the question, where did you get the file? If you look back through this thread, you will see there were a number of files being pointed at for download, all supposedly from SunRise, and these were proved to be fakes.
    The real SunRise file can be got from the link at the end of my post. The genuine file wasn't released until the 17th or 18th of April.
    As you said the box is dead, it can be jtagged, as plenty of people on here can tell you, we went through all this last year when the original clone killer firmware was released. I myself tried it on a clone to see how long it would last, and successfully brought it back from the dead using the jtag.

20. thedope

thedope Guest

eamo
    a mate got the file on email from someone don't know where
    I'm in dublin is there anywhere i can bring it to someone as I have not got a clue about anything to do with the boxes hence the name the dope

cheers