1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD 2 burning empty discs

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by bigmac999, Dec 13, 2004.

1. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Hi,
    I have CloneDVD2 2.5.3.3 with AnyDVD 4.1.0.1, It used run fine and has been 100% reliable up to now. Now it seems every other disc I burn fails. The program seems to run as normal and says copying was successful, but the DVD+R will just be empty, yet it can not be written to if I retry, so something is burnt on it. I use Datawrite Classic 4x DVD+R, and have always used these which have never let me down. I have also tried XCopy Platinum which does the same.
    Sometimes it does burn successfully, but half the time its just an empty disc. Anybody have any ideas?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is the Make/Model of your Writer?

Have you recently installed any other programs?

Just because that media has never let you down before dosen't mean it didn't now. There has been times where people get bad batches of media.

[​IMG]

3. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

I have to agree with bbmayo
    Sounds like a Bad batch of discs
    I would try a different brand
    Then if it still does it
    You know its something else
    I have had this happen on more than onece
    Switching Media solved this
    I tried them on a friends machine and got the same results

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

It is not just the most recent pack of discs this has happened with but with the last 2 or 3 packs. I will try different discs though, can you reccomend any? I also use the same discs for my PS2 backups using Alcohol 120%, and havent had a single one fail yet, even from the most recent pack I bought.
    The DVD burner i'm using is RICOH MP5240A, not a great burner i'm sure, but has done a great job up until now.
    Thanks for your help.

5. Vedas830

Vedas830 Guest

Is your Firmware up to date? If not try that
    What speed are you burning at ?
    Do you have a Valid ASPI layer?
    Like bbmayo asked did you recentley install something new that might be conflicting with it
    Also sometimes a file will get corrupted
    Usaully when this happens you can uninstall it reboot reinstall and reboot again
    Im not saying this is the case here
    But I have seen this happen to me before
    Im sure between all of the members here we can help you get it working again

6. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Ive tried burning at 1x and 4x, that doesnt seem to make much difference. I havent updated the firmware since ive had it, over a year now, i will try that. i don't think I have installed anything recently before this started happening. I dont understand what a valid ASPI layer is?
    Now I think of it, I think that if I copy a DVD straight after a reboot it works every time. I'm sure that burning only fails when I have been doing other things first. Cant think what it is I am doing that may cause this though. I'll have to try different combinations of using various programs then try copying a DVD.
    Thanks for your help.

7. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Ive copied a load of DVD's this week and used a strange method to do it. I used CloneDVD2 to create an .iso then used Alcohol 120% to burn the .iso to DVD. I have also been using the same batch of DVD's. The funny thing is, it has been successful every time. Anyone know why this is?