1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloneDVD 3 vs. CloneDVD 2

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by iatik, Jun 16, 2005.

1. rednroll

rednroll Member

Well, the CloneDVD 3 that I was duped by is off my system, and so is my original backup program DVD X Copy. The real Clone DVD I tried out and I just didn't like or understand the user interface. Right now I am truly happy with 1 Click DVD Copy. I use to think that backing up DVDs was some kind of art form that I would have to go thru just to back up the DVD and get the options I wanted and then compress the Video sections differently and then after that the video quality was always hit or miss as to how well it would look. So this WAS after using DVD X Copy and Clone DVD3 (The Fake One) for a period of about 6 months each. Now with 1 Click DVD I have not seen a copy that I can tell the difference from the original and I have a 50" HD plasma that I'm watching my DVDs on with a Harman/Kardon surround A/V receiver. I insert the DVD into my DVD burning drive and click the start button....that's all I have to do now. I have never had any troubles in not being able to back up a DVD because of the copy protection, which I can't say for any of the prior programs I have tried.

If you're looking for a no huss no fuss DVD backup program, that gives you great picture quality, that copies lightning fast, and is able to bypass every copy protection scheme out there including the new Sony stuff. Then get 1 Click DVD, you won't be disappointed. It has made my backup headaches go away.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  2. mikej3131

mikej3131 Regular member

are there any screen shots of this clonedvd3?

3. iatik

iatik Guest

To each her own. I love, love, love CloneDVD/AnyDVD and find them incredibly easy to use, click, click and click. I'm not certain why their interface is complicated for anyone, but then I guess that's just moi. I like the DL option (for those 'fat' movies), but love most of all the endless and correct updates from the really fantastic guys at Elby.

With freebie DVD shrink out of the picture, I'm certain other freebies will arrive that are pretty good. I don't need pretty good when, for a 1-time fee and lifetime updates, I get the BEST. I was happy to support their efforts by purchasing a license.

Thanks go to the team at Elby!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2006
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

iatik pretty much summed up my feelings about CDVD2/AnyDVD. They're all I use anymore.

5. sopcannon

sopcannon Member

i stumbled on to clonedvd 3 thinking it was an update from elby, but with ll the bad things said about it clonedvd 3 isnt that bad it does save you from running to programs at once to do one task.
    I also like the interface a lot better.

trying the trial period now!

6. Nephilim

I'll say it again for the benefiit of anyone considerting CloneDVD 3 - CloneDVD 3 is a piece of crap trying to capitalize on the Elby's success. They want $99 dollars for it too. For $59 you can get the real CloneDVD along with AnyDVD plus world class support and lifetime updates for AnyDVD. It's pimped on a site that recommends another piece of crap, DVD Cloner, along with other supposed DVD copying tools that are nothing more than pay-for fancy front ends for freeware apps like DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.

http://www.dvdxcopy-software.com/clone-dvd/

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  7. sopcannon

sopcannon Member

who said i paid for clonedvd 3!

8. Nephilim

If you read my post you'll see I didn't. I wouldn't even waste my time pirating it :p

9. sopcannon

sopcannon Member

well i havent had problems with it until i made the mistake of installing windows vista beta 2 on here, which was so slow it made my amd seem like a c64!

10. JoLanTru

JoLanTru Member

Hi, this is my first post at after dawn!! yay, helped me with soo many problems. This may be a little off topic but how much better is anydvd and clonedvd used together than ripit4me,fix vts and dvd decrypter then after using nero premium 7 to compress it as well as burn it? Is there any advantage for me to buy anydvd & clonedvd? and finally, can i substitute Nero premieum 7 with anything?

(I cant figure out how to get ride of this post)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  11. JoLanTru

JoLanTru Member

Hi, this is my first post at after dawn!! yay, helped me with soo many problems. This may be a little off topic but how much better is anydvd and clonedvd used together than ripit4me,fix vts and dvd decrypter then after using nero premium 7 to compress it as well as burn my purchased dvd? Is there any advantage for me to buy and use anydvd & clonedvd instead of using these other programs and finally, can i substitute Nero premieum 7 with anything from slysoft to make a back of of my purcahsed dvd?
    P.S. I just figure
    how to edit.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  12. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@jolan

Edit your post u have double posted.

The difference using the combo fo AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 is that its more smooth and is straight forward all though you have to pay for it.

13. tripplite

tripplite Guest

poor souls i can't believe you would fall forclonedvd3...such a pitty people do these things!!

WHY HASN'T ELABORATE BYTES GIVEN A WARNING TO IT'S CUSTOMERS

thanks for the warning will keep my eyes peeled!

14. rednroll

rednroll Member

I'm so past either of the CloneDVDs at this point. I recently tried CloneDVD 2 with AnyDVD. I still can't stand that user interface of Clone DVD. My new found glory is DVDFab. It has an elegant interface and the support is second to none. Usually, anytime I find I need to update because there's some new flavor of DVD copy protection out there, DVDFab already has an update. I also don't need two seperate programs installed. DVDFab has it ALL built into one nice an tidy elegant program and the quality is 2nd to none.

If the folks at Elaborate Bytes ever catch on that their user interface is awful and confusing, along with the dual program nightmare, then I might revisit CloneDVD in the future. For now DVDFAb has everything I need and are already supporting the next generation HD format discs. DVDFab=$50 with a lifetime update/upgrade policy.

15. Nephilim

First time I've ever heard that said. I find the interface is pleasant and am dumbfounded as to why it could be referred to as confusing. How in the world do you manage to get confused with the interface?

16. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Um, while I don't use AnyDVD, I do use CloneDVD2 (Elaborate Bytes, NOT that rip-off junk Clone DVD 3!) to produce my company's training discs. It has the easiest interface in the world and works like a charm and allows multiple burns with a single mouse click. If you cannot use CloneDVD2's interface, you are clinically retarded and should not be allowed near a computer. If any other program were half as straightforward as CloneDVD2's, everybody would be a technogeek.

I don't know about DVDFab and reserve judgement although most here who have tried it do seem to think it's the best or one of the best all-in-ones out there, if your thing is dealing with cpy protecton and shrinking. However, that doesn't mean CD2 is bad either.

17. rednroll

rednroll Member

Well, you about nailed it on the head as to what makes CloneDVD's UI not so straight forward. I guess that would mean I'm not so "clinically retarded" then, since you where able to point out what's not so straight forward about CD2.

When I copy DVDs, I ONLY want the movie. I don't have a need for all the extras and all the commercials, and all the copy protection warnings. Additionally, I ONLY need the Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 {English)audio stream. With DVDFab I can easily just "uncheck" the audio streams that I don't want, like foreign languages, and Director commentary audio. If you remove all the Extra audio streams, and all the unwanted "extra" video segments, I can in most cases fit a DVD movie onto a standard DVD-5(single layer) format disc without ANY video compression. Or at least minimize the video compression needed to fit it onto a single layer DVD-5 DVD-R.

To be able to do that type of stuff in CloneDVD2 the user interface is very cumbersome as compared to the very simple UI in DVDFab, and was also simple to do in the CloneDVD3 "rip-off" program. The UI of CloneDVD2 is NOT straight forward to do that type of stuff....for me. It further seems like a kids program with the Cow eating popcorn logo all over the user interface. Get rid of the Cow eating popcorn logo animations and give me some tools that I can use on the front of the UI instead would be my preference.

Additionally, what I don't like about CloneDVD2 is that when you back up a movie to your HD, it puts it into it's own proprietary CloneDVD format. DVDFab puts it into a "standard" DVD folder format, which means I can actually open the Movie on my HD and play it back with most Media Players, like VLC. I'm not sure how to playback a movie with CloneDVD's non standard proprietary DVD image format.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  18. Nephilim

If you can't tell a cow from a sheep then no wonder you get confused with the interface.

19. rednroll

rednroll Member

Whatever!!! A "Sheep"....better yet. Follow them like a "Sheep" and be happy then. I guess some people like software with dancing sheep on the front of the GUI, and others like software with useful tools on the front of the GUI instead. Aint nobody getting "confused", just someone expressing that they don't particularly like the GUI since the tools I need in a DVD backup program is not on the front of the GUI like in other more useful DVD backup programs. Enjoy the Fox in "Any DVD" and the Sheep eating popcorn in CloneDVD and keep singing happily ever after Ee i ee i ooooo. I prefer to stray away from software made by Fisher Price.

20. Nephilim

Fisher Price? You're arguments are getting really lame now. Personally if an app works all the time every time, like AnyDVD and CloneDVD do, I could give a rat crap what it looks like. If I want "pretty" I'll go to Best Buy and look at a Mac.

Also,

That's YOUR fault skippy, not CloneDVD's. CloneDVD outputs the files to either your DVD writer, an ISO file or the standard IFO/VOB file format that every DVD is made up of, your choice. The fact that you apparently don't realize that an ISO must be either burned or mounted to be viewed and wrongly assume that a standard ISO is a proprietary format doesn't make CloneDVD a bad app.

Here's another tip - if you don't like the sheep then click it and you can watch the original vs. compressed bitrates go by in real time which is much more interesting than the sheep.